DJK

tm3308

Apparently he's really starting to grow up a little. I just joined Twitter (God help me), just so I could follow DJK's stuff, because he's always good for a laugh. But he's apparently deleted his profile there. So no more of his thoughts being broadcast to the world. It's a good thing, really, but sad at the same time lol.

I don't mean to be hyper-critical of this observation, but "grow up a little"?

This kid is playing football on tv every weekend in the fall; is on the cover of SI; is, by all accounts, extremely bright; could end up in the NFL; is reportedly a big family person; probably can't get across campus without signing an autograph.

As a coach, I wouldn't want my players to have too many opportunities to provide bulletin board material, but DJK isn't getting arrested, hurting people, fighting, etc. I would say that he is living a dream and having fun on twitter (well, was having fun) and facebook and all of the other fairly ridiculous social media outlets. That said, twitter is dumb.

This kid is playing football on tv every weekend in the fall; is on the cover of SI; is, by all accounts, extremely bright; could end up in the NFL; is reportedly a big family person; probably can't get across campus without signing an autograph.

As a coach, I wouldn't want my players to have too many opportunities to provide bulletin board material, but DJK isn't getting arrested, hurting people, fighting, etc. I would say that he is living a dream and having fun on twitter (well, was having fun) and facebook and all of the other fairly ridiculous social media outlets. That said, twitter is dumb.
Then why are you busting his balls? DJK has a HUGE opportunity that he only needs to "grow up" and leave behind the stupid baggage he doesn't relly need anyway.

I'm not accusing him of anything serious. But he does have a big mouth at times, and while we find it funny, it's not exactly good. I said he's "grown up a little", because maturing to the point where you stop handing out free bulletin board materia is not exactly a huge thing. But he's apparently done that, and it may show that he's ready to try and take a real leadership role on the team. That's all I was really trying to say.

I'm not accusing him of anything serious. But he does have a big mouth at times, and while we find it funny, it's not exactly good. I said he's "grown up a little", because maturing to the point where you stop handing out free bulletin board materia is not exactly a huge thing. But he's apparently done that, and it may show that he's ready to try and take a real leadership role on the team. That's all I was really trying to say.

Fair points. I might just describe the change (or desired change, as the case may be) as toning it down a bit, rather than growing up.

Maybe he wants to show leadership now that he is a senior and is auditioning for the pros, as of the late it seems if you arent serious or have a bad attitude your stock drops ie Santonio Holmes, Dez Bryant(even though he will still be a first rounder) T.O. just to name a few

tm3308 can you give a specific example of bulletin board material DJK has given out via his twitter account?

Well obviously not, the archive is gone ;)

No seriously, and this was actually on his facebook last year, but he was doing a little talking about Michigan State's Mark Dell as well.

And while nothing he's said really is all that serious, you never know who's going to take offense to what. I had an experience a 2 years ago that relates well to that. There was a pitcher talking himself up on a message board, saying he threw 85+mph (he didn't). All I said was that if I threw that hard (at the 1A level, no less), I would be throwing gas all the time instead of curveballs in the dirt (which this pitcher did frequently).

He took offense to that, I got plunked, and we lost the game badly after he pitched lights out. And all over something that wasn't really a big deal.

I was told it wasnt his choice to delete his twitter account and that he wasnt happy about it

Dang! I kinda thot something was up...I hadn't seen anything from him lately. I miss Sash's tweets as well, he would put stuff about his dog on there, I enjoyed that.

I'll agree about Sash's tweets. They were usually fun and humorous. You could tell he had genuine character. The same couldn't always be said for DJK's. N-bombs dropped now and then, trash talking. I like DJK because he's a Hawk, but I've never had the same affection for him as many. And I don't buy his charisma and character that many in the media describe him as having. But this is all ok because he couldn't give a damn about me either. :)

Latest posts