DJK...We Hardly Knew Ye

ThunderHawk

I for one look forward to your public statements regarding the Iowa coaching staff.

Don't hold back, brother.

i think that DJK knows that Ferentz and staff are trying to better the player. Once he gets to the league he is going to need ferentz and staffs praise in order for teams to take a chance. I really think that if he doesn't test well that he might fall to late rounds without Ferentz praise.

With our depleted o-line, lack of depth at RB and amazing skill at WR, does any other than me find the number of touches DJK got in the short passing game criminal? Has O'Keefe lost that 2004 playbook?

No chance he is getting a good recommendation from this staff. He just doesn't want to give the press and prospective employers anything tangible to be concerned about.

long story short, i think that we are making this a mountain out of a mole hill. It has to be a combination of things..... But at the top of the reasons, and for ferentz rewarding loyalty to the program, i think that it is more KF rewarding Sandeman for his efforts througout his career that has had tough breaks (injuries, McNutt position change, etc)

Just heard from a good source that something he wrote (on facebook?) got back to the staff and they were none too happy. Maybe it was twitter....but I thought they said facebook. I have no idea how upset they are...but it did come from someone close to the team...they are in the know.

any links, or can you at least elaborate?

DJK posted on his "fan page": Press Conference January 2011

And he had something on there along the lines of: If 200 people "like" this status, I'll divulge the real reason for me not starting this week. That one has since been deleted.

Edit: both of these were posted AFTER the game yesterday, so those weren't the reason for his "benching".

Last edited:
Does anyone know what was written on facebook/twitter? I must admit it caught me out of the blue...cuz I had heard nothing of it...but I haven't been reading the boards as much since Saturday.

DJK posted on his "fan page": Press Conference January 2011

And he had something on there along the lines of: If 200 people "like" this status, I'll divulge the real reason for me not starting this week. That one has since been deleted.

Ah...that makes sense now....sounds along the lines of what I heard. No idea how the staff is going to handle it...but they are aware he wrote it.

Does anyone know what was written on facebook/twitter? I must admit it caught me out of the blue...cuz I had heard nothing of it...but I haven't been reading the boards as much since Saturday.

I think if TM's post is accurate, that has to be a Facebook thing. I'm not real savvy on this networking stuff, but "liking" a status sounds like something on Facebook.

Those posts came after yesterday's game though, so that's not why he was benched at the start yesterday (at least not for those particular posts. He may have posted something else, but I missed it if so).

Those posts came after yesterday's game though, so that's not why he was benched at the start yesterday (at least not for those particular posts. He may have posted something else, but I missed it if so).

Don't know why he was benched either...but the incident with the social networking thing I heard about today and happened after the game supposedly.

Don't know why he was benched either...but the incident with the social networking thing I heard about today and happened after the game supposedly.

Oh alright, I got you. This whole thing is just turning into one giant clusterf*ck.

long story short, i think that we are making this a mountain out of a mole hill. It has to be a combination of things..... But at the top of the reasons, and for ferentz rewarding loyalty to the program, i think that it is more KF rewarding Sandeman for his efforts througout his career that has had tough breaks (injuries, McNutt position change, etc)

Jake Christensen had some tough breaks in his career too. Maybe we should leave him in during the second half against Pittsburgh when it's obvious he can't move the offense and lose just to spite ourselves and show that we give guys umpteen chances to prove themselves.... oh wait, that sounds kind of familiar?

Did DJK appear to play harder than just about any Hawk on the field Saturday? If that is due to Ferentz's amazing mind games he played with him, then maybe he should have benched every starter and let every walk on play special teams this year.

Jake Christensen had some tough breaks in his career too. Maybe we should leave him in during the second half against Pittsburgh when it's obvious he can't move the offense and lose just to spite ourselves and show that we give guys umpteen chances to prove themselves.... oh wait, that sounds kind of familiar?

Did DJK appear to play harder than just about any Hawk on the field Saturday? If that is due to Ferentz's amazing mind games he played with him, then maybe he should have benched every starter and let every walk on play special teams this year.

Those are not even remotely comparable. DJK received just as many reps as he always does, he just didn't get the first series. You don't rotate QB's the way we rotate WR's.

And Sandeman never really got an opportunity to prove himself until this year, and he's done a pretty good job.

Latest posts