DJK to wear Ohio helmet for Texas/Nation game?

tweeterhawk

Per DJK tweet:

@dj_koulianos My official Texas/Nation Game Helmet #swag My official Texas/Nation Game Helmet #swag - djkoulianos's posterous

photo.jpg.scaled.1000.jpg

I'm thinking it's just a generic red helmet and buckeye players gave him buckeye stickers(It looks like there may be another sticker on the side). I'm guessing by game time they'll be a bunch of different stickers on there. Hunter is playing in that game I wonder if he'll give DJK a tigerhawk.

Utah helmet, OSU decals. The decal-swapping is typical. Frankly, I'd consider it weird if he DIDN'T have other teams' decals on his helmet.

Utah helmet....whatever DJK. could have worn an Iowa one if you would have shown a better choice in roommates

Utah helmet....whatever DJK. could have worn an Iowa one if you would have shown a better choice in roommates

The fact is he didn't. He's not making a big deal out of not wearing an Iowa helmet. From what he said when his request was denied, he was disappointed, but he also completely understood and didn't hold it against the university. It wasn't going to hurt to ask, but he didn't really have any expectations.

He's gone now, so if you don't care to read about him, then don't do it.

anyone else think those decals might be a bad choice, considering....?

pot_leaf_tattoo.jpg

buckeye2.jpg

And yes I know they are not the same, but couldn't help that being my first thought.

He holds our records and he played in our games, are we all just supposed to pretend he wasn't a Hawkeye. I think classless on the staff to just throw him out with the bath water. I know what was done was wrong, but ....I also know the bed's been made and the inference that would be bestowed. Go DJK.

I don't care if I'm the minority in this thought. Shame on Iowa for rejecting his helmet request. DJK was at Iowa for 5 years and is Iowa's leading WR. Yes he screwed up and I get that. However he played a huge part in Iowa's success these past 4 seasons. I'm very disappointed in this staff for acting as if he was never a Hawkeye.. Sad!!

Last edited:
I don't care if I'm the minority in this thought. Shame on Iowa for rejected his helmet request. DJK was at Iowa for 5 years and is Iowa's leading WR. Yes he screwed up and I get that. However he played a huge part in Iowa's success these past 4 seasons.

+1

This just shines another spot light on problems.

Really? So does that mean that anyone who has done something good should not be punished? Arob is going to possibly lose the rest of his life as a Hawkeye for his discretions, and it doesn't seem appropriate for DJK to get a 1 game and 1 helmet suspension? What he did at Iowa is great, and I will always remember him for that, but he screwed up and this is his punishment, plain and simple.

Anybody know when this game is on and what channel? Would like to record it and watch me some DJK and Hunter. Thanks.

Latest posts