DJK to the Eagles?

Re: DJK to the Eagles

IMHO, he couldn't have gone to a better place from a football standpoint or a social standpoint. Andy Reid is a great coach that knows how to deal with players that have had issues, and if DJK makes the team, he'll have a chance to win a championship. Making the team could be an issue, as the Eagles have a pretty solid mix of youth and veteran receivers. It will be an interesting situation to watch, that's for sure.

Last edited:
They need a guy to do some of the dirty work from the slot. I can't remember if Desean Jackson returns both kicks and punts or just punts. If it just punts, DJK could have a shot as a KOR.

IMHO, he couldn't have gone to a better place from a football standpoint or a social standpoint. Andy Reid is a great coach that knows how to deal with players that have had issues, and if DJK makes the team, he'll have a chance to win a championship. Making the team could be an issue, as the Eagles have a pretty solid mix of youth and veteran receivers. It will be an interesting situation to watch, that's for sure.

And he can now party with Andy Reid's sons, assuming they are out of jail, whenever he wants. It's perfect.

DJK couldn't carry DSJ's jockstrap. That being said, Philly wouldn't be a bad stop.

Just think, Vick, Plax, and DJK...

City of Brotherly Love.

CAARHawk;469853[B said:
]DJK couldn't carry DSJ's jockstrap. [/B]That being said, Philly wouldn't be a bad stop.

Just think, Vick, Plax, and DJK...

City of Brotherly Love.

If DSJ doesn't return KO that could be his shot at making the team.....that is all i posted. I never stated that he was going take a job away from DSJ.

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't think you were saying DJK would take his spot. Just saying Jackson is in a whole other league. I also was saying Philly isn't a bad spot for DJK.

Sometimes bad things happen to good parents.

Sincerly,
Tony Dungy

Sometimes bad things happen to parents who put career before family...and sometimes bad things happen to parents who don't.

But when dad is barely around for two thirds of the year? The odds are greatly increased. If you are going to make the choice to be a parent, be one.

Sometimes bad things happen to parents who put career before family...and sometimes bad things happen to parents who don't.

But when dad is barely around for two thirds of the year? The odds are greatly increased. If you are going to make the choice to be a parent, be one.

i sort of see your point but by this logic no NFL coach or professional athlete should be a parent. Certainly true in some cases but the majority seem to be able to handle it.

I've seen very involved parents end up with problem children. There are hundreds of factors involved as to why a kid strays off the right path

Too bad he couldn't do that at home.

How old are your kids Jon? I'm guessing they aren't that old yet or else you wouldn't be spouting off like you are. I got an uncle who use to talk like you. Always pointed out when others weren't parenting the way he thought was right. Always talked about how he parents. Well his oldest got into drugs, dropped out of school and just now is turning it around.

So my point is, be careful what you say. Hopefully your kids turn out to be great young adults, but there are also other ways to skin a cat

How old are your kids Jon? I'm guessing they aren't that old yet or else you wouldn't be spouting off like you are. I got an uncle who use to talk like you. Always pointed out when others weren't parenting the way he thought was right. Always talked about how he parents. Well his oldest got into drugs, dropped out of school and just now is turning it around.

So my point is, be careful what you say. Hopefully your kids turn out to be great young adults, but there are also other ways to skin a cat

Bravo 17. You got alota coins in your purse!

Too bad he couldn't do that at home.

You are usually a level-headed guy, Jon - but judging someone else's parenting abilities from afar, based only on what you see through national media coverage?

As someone that has had personal experience with these types of family issues, I had a very strong reaction when I read this. To say that your statement was ignorant and narrow-minded would be giving it too much credit.

Well, according to DJK, this is all a rumor anyway. I wonder if he'll even get picked up by anyone.

It does sound that way. He really eff'd himself. There is never really a good time to screw up, but this might have cost him his dream and becoming a millionaire.

Latest posts