DJK Complaint, Per Court Documents

“Officers executed a search warrant at the above location during a drug investigation. During that search, Officers located small quantities of Marijuana in this defendant’s bedroom and in common areas. Defendant, under Miranda, admitted he smokes Marijuana and smoked as recently as within the past 24 hours. Defendant also consented to a urine test which showed a preliminary positive screen for Marijuana and other drugs. Defendant also was in possession of electronic media showing him in possession of drugs.”

“Officers executed a search warrant at the above location during a drug investigation. During that search, Officers located Hydromorphone Hydrochloride (Dilaudid) in this defendant’s bedroom. Hydromorphone Hydrochloride is a Schedule II Controlled Substance Narcotic Analgesic. Defendant admitted, under Miranda, the pills are his and he ‘gets them from friends’ and takes them to help with pain. Defendant admitted he does not have a prescription for this drug.”

“Officers executed a search warrant at the above location during a drug investigation. During that search, Officers located several pills of Diazepam in this defendant’s bedroom. Diazepam is a Schedule IV Controlled Substance. Defendant admitted, under Miranda, the pills are his and he ‘gets them from friends’ and takes them. Defendant admitted he does not have a prescription for this drug."

“Officers executed a search warrant at the above location during a drug investigation. During that search, Officers located Pamoate and Zolpidem Tartrate pills in this defendant’s bedroom. Defendant admitted, under Miranda, the pills are his and he ‘gets them from friends’ and takes them. Defendant admitted he does not have a prescription for this drug.”

“Officers executed a search warrant at the above location during a drug investigation. During that search, Officers located Cocaine residue in this defendant’s bedroom. Defendant, under Miranda, admitted he uses Cocaine. Defendant also consented to a urine test which showed a preliminary positive screen for Cocaine and other drugs. Defendant also was in possession of electronic media showing him in possession of Cocaine.”

“Officers executed a search warrant at the above location during a drug investigation. During that search, Officers located quantities of Marijuana, Cocaine, prescription drugs, over $3000 cash, and other items used in the sales and use of illegal drugs throughout the residence. Defendant, under Miranda, admitted he knew drugs were being used and likely sold out of the residence.”

Btw, the original complaint against DJK can be found here:

http://thegazette.com/2010/12/07/johnson-koulianos-arrested-for-drug-possession/

Last edited:
Yikes, that does not look good, nor like a first time user. Very sad. I truly feel for all those close to him and the team. Too, too bad.

Weed is one thing, but coke? Com'on... com'on... ohhhhh NFL aspirations have slightly been soured.

What an absolute idiot for confessing to all this after he was read his miranda rights!

I don't know how someone this dumb could even stay in college, even with the help of the student athlete learning center.

Why would you say you used marijuana, used other's controlled substances, used coke, and knew drugs were being sold out of the house!?!?! What good could come of confessing?!

I am in shock. What a fool. "I will wait for my attorney before talking further." Both these guys would have greatly benefited from learning that sentence.

What an absolute idiot for confessing to all this after he was read his miranda rights!

I don't know how someone this dumb could even stay in college, even with the help of the student athlete learning center.

Why would you say you used marijuana, used other's controlled substances, used coke, and knew drugs were being sold out of the house!?!?! What good could come of confessing?!

I am in shock. What a fool. "I will wait for my attorney before talking further." Both these guys would have greatly benefited from learning that sentence.

Well from the sounds of it, he was pretty much caught red-handed. Maybe he just figured in that situation he might as well fess up. Considering that most children are taught to tell the truth in situations like that (in principle, not in practice), I'm fine with him confessing immediately. Working the system (or attempting to) is hardly a good first step for taking responsibility.

Well from the sounds of it, he was pretty much caught red-handed. Maybe he just figured in that situation he might as well fess up. Considering that most children are taught to tell the truth in situations like that (in principle, not in practice), I'm fine with him confessing immediately. Working the system (or attempting to) is hardly a good first step for taking responsibility.

You plead guilty in court when the charges are brought against you. It's the duty of the State to substantiate their claims, not you. That is how the judicial system works.

You give horrible legal advice.

"I wasn't going to tell you that...but I got high, but I got high..."

You plead guilty in court when the charges are brought against you. It's the duty of the State to substantiate their claims, not you. That is how the judicial system works.

You give horrible legal advice.

Maybe I'm naive, but I also don't put myself in those kinds of situations. I try to be as honest as I can be. I certainly wouldn't lie about doing something when I was caught red-handed. Yeah, I'd make for a lousy lawyer. But that's not my career choice anyway. Like I said, I'm not a guy that would work the system if I were guilty. If I'm innocent, hell yes I'm clamming up.

Maybe I'm naive, but I also don't put myself in those kinds of situations. I try to be as honest as I can be. I certainly wouldn't lie about doing something when I was caught red-handed. Yeah, I'd make for a lousy lawyer. But that's not my career choice anyway. Like I said, I'm not a guy that would work the system if I were guilty. If I'm innocent, hell yes I'm clamming up.

That is naive. Not saying anything isn't lying. He was not caught red handed either. Do you know what "red handed" means? A burglar carrying a TV out of a house when the police show up is red handed.

DJK would be caught red handed if the cops showed up and saw him pulling chalky 4 footers, snorting lines, consuming pills, and watching his roommate weigh bags.

That is naive. Not saying anything isn't lying. He was not caught red handed either. Do you know what "red handed" means? A burglar carrying a TV out of a house when the police show up is red handed.

DJK would be caught red handed if the cops showed up and saw him pulling chalky 4 footers, snorting lines, consuming pills, and watching his roommate weigh bags.

Perhaps I read it wrong, but I was under the impression that he was high at the time? If nothing else, that would probably impair his judgement.

So in your mind, the confession ruins his character more than the drug intake?

His confession doesn't ruin his character. What it does is reinforce the fact that he's an idiot. One hell of a dfootball playing idiot.

His confession doesn't ruin his character. What it does is reinforce the fact that he's an idiot. One hell of a dfootball playing idiot.
That's a relief. He's an idiot for confessing AND doing drugs. Kinda nice it gets equal billing.

Congrats- we're not all as legal-savvy as you are. Feel better?

This is another negative impact of social media. If DJK had been watching Law and Order, The Wire, reruns of Hill Street Blues, etc., instead of updating his Facebook page, he would have known to keep his mouth shut. ;)

My question to you is, is there an argument that could be used in court that he was not in the proper state of mind (under the influence) when he confessed and the confession could be thrown out, even though he was Mirandized? Haven't watched enough Matlock/Law and Order I guess! ;)

My question to you is, is there an argument that could be used in court that he was not in the proper state of mind (under the influence) when he confessed and the confession could be thrown out, even though he was Mirandized? Haven't watched enough Matlock/Law and Order I guess! ;)

That ain't gonna work. The only way you can weasel out, I mean get a motion to suppress, of a confession is if the fuzz used undue coercion. Kids always fall for the "if you just tell me what happened, it'll be better" line and those confessions have torpedoed many defenses.

That ain't gonna work. The only way you can weasel out, I mean get a motion to suppress, of a confession is if the fuzz used undue coercion. Kids always fall for the "if you just tell me what happened, it'll be better" line and those confessions have torpedoed many defenses.

Really should be required content in a drug dealing 101 case. That being said, I doubt DJK's roomate (reported convicted drug dealer) was very happy with the way he was able to be rolled.

You can totally see it. You know the cops busted in, got these two separated quickly and just played the "We aren't really interested in busting you, we really only care about your roomate," line.

Last edited:

Latest posts