DJK a top 6 player?

PJHawk

On the ESPN BT blog Rittenberg has his preseason player countdown at number seven with Terrelle Pryor. I assume John Clay or Clayborn will be number one so where does that leave DJK?

Big Ten Blog - ESPN

I think he is severely underrated. He might not do things the "Iowa Way" but he consistently gets separation from WR's better than any Iowa WR in recent memory. He also is a competitor, albeit sometimes an emotional and temperamental one.

In another post from AR, he listed the 3-headed monsters of each team and said if he had to pick between McNutt and DJKoul that he would take McNutt.

Sash and Clayborn will be the only ones left. I am surprised that Sash would be this high, but there is no way he would be left out of the top 25 alltogether.

these rankings, like many things espn, are a joke all around. Sash should be around 12 and Stanzi and Tolziens rankings are awful unless there are about 20 positions between 18 and 19 they just arent showing. In response to OP, DJK is a good WR and would be in top 50 players in conference or top 25 offensive players, but is just not quite top 25 overall material

Pryor #7 overall player in the Big Ten???

Rittenberg admittedly is basing this primarily on 2010 potential...and the sky is the limit but in reality what is the likelihood that Pryor performs at that level against Big Ten competition? I don't think very high. Oregon is one thing...but he won't be carving up too many Big Ten defenses like that.

To answer the OPs question...it's debatable whether DJK is a top 6 WR in the Big Ten.

Pryor #7 overall player in the Big Ten???

Rittenberg admittedly is basing this primarily on 2010 potential...and the sky is the limit but in reality what is the likelihood that Pryor performs at that level against Big Ten competition? I don't think very high. Oregon is one thing...but he won't be carving up too many Big Ten defenses like that.

To answer the OPs question...it's debatable whether DJK is a top 6 WR in the Big Ten.

Well he did nip and tuck his way to a big ten title last year sooooooo?

IN RITTENBERG'S LAST MAILBAG, HE SAID THAT NEITHER MCNUTT OR DJK WERE ON TOP 25..

This. In response to a Sparty fan who was asking about one of MSU's (remaining) WRs, Ritt said that he didn't even rank "more accomplished" WRs like DJK, McNutt, and someone else.

In another post, he said something like "Iowa fans would be very happy with the top five." I'm guessing Clayborn will come out #1 and Sash will be in the top five.

Yes, I've been reading almost everything I can about Iowa football this off-season...

Latest posts