Dish blackout

PCBHAWK

Dish blacked out the Iowa game in Florida. Does anyone else have this problem outside Iowa?

Why would dish not carry the game and direct tv has it?

I have no technical answer so I will just say that Dish is completely inferior to Directv, and that's why it's blacked out.

It shows in the guide as Iowa vs PSU or Miami vs Va Tech. The Miami game is on ABC local Dish pulled the same crap last year for the Wisky game. Had 5 friends over to watch game and had to go to a bar and missed first quarter. Direct TV here I come!!

I had problems with this the other week with dish just check one of ESPN's alternate channels, usually will be on one of those.

For those that do not get Iowa on ABC, it will be on channel 145 on Dish. Yes that means no HD. Dish does not offer ESPN alternate channels in HD. The game will also be online at ESPN3.com where you can watch it in HD.

Go to one of the ESPN alternate channels between 145 and 148 and it will be on one of those. It probably won't be HD but even SD beats not being able to watch it.

I had problems with this the other week with dish just check one of ESPN's alternate channels, usually will be on one of those.

I called Dish and they blacked it out and they could not explain why. Direct has it on ESPN ALT 210.

I called Dish and they blacked it out and they could not explain why. Direct has it on ESPN ALT 210.

They always black it out locally on ESPN if it is going to be on ABC in that region. So it should be on ABC.

That would be enough for me, right there. As soon as a company can't (or won't) explain to me why they do what they do, it's time to find an alternative service provider.

Looks like 145 is the channel. Dish customer service is horrible, they said it was blacked out. I still dont get why they would black out 140 ESPN to show it on an ALT channel.

Thanks for the info guys!!

Latest posts