Disgusted

slmatt

I know this has already been said BUT I have to say it again. I cannot believe that the "experts" say Iowa needs to get to the B1G finals to make the tournament and in the same breath list Iowa as quality wins when speaking of other teams resumes. If Iowa is truly a "quality win" then they should be in with a single win tonight and a close game win or lose tomorrow. #iamredundent

Well, I still think Iowa most likely has to at a minimum, beat MSU to get in. I think getting to the BTT finals makes us a lock. Getting to the semis and I'd say 50-60% chance, subject to change based on other bubble teams.

Based on what I've read about the committee's attitude towards non-conference SOS and RPI, I doubt that only beating NW will be enough. You never know I guess.

Today is a big day - alot of the teams just ahead of us in Lunardi's last 4 in, first 4 out, next 4 out list are in action today. Let's root for those teams to go down.

Illini lover Suntimes writer Herb Gould perpetuated this meme today...saying that Iowa needs to play on Sunday to get a look at a bid.

Our own network, the BTN seems to go out of their way to discount any Iowa chances to get a bid.
In their preview of the Big Ten tourny,they did not go out of their way to mention that the only real drama in the tourny is Iowa trying to make a run at a bid. The rest are either in or out. But far be it from them to squeeze in a little discussion of that,when they can talk about how great Burke and Oladipo are for the 1000th time,or how Trae Jackson's shot for Wis at PSU was sooooo coool. Thanks for nothing BTN.

Illini lover Suntimes writer Herb Gould perpetuated this meme today...saying that Iowa needs to play on Sunday to get a look at a bid.

Our own network, the BTN seems to go out of their way to discount any Iowa chances to get a bid.
In their preview of the Big Ten tourny,they did not go out of their way to mention that the only real drama in the tourny is Iowa trying to make a run at a bid. The rest are either in or out. But far be it from them to squeeze in a little discussion of that,when they can talk about how great Burke and Oladipo are for the 1000th time,or how Trae Jackson's shot for Wis at PSU was sooooo coool. Thanks for nothing BTN.

Iowa will get "a look" if they beat MSU IMO. If the rest of the bubble falls apart today in conference tournament action, that could make things a little more interesting.

I guess I just want to see Eric May get a chance at the tourney. I know every time pry has a story like him but I am not a fan of every team. I am a fan of Iowa. Call me a homer, I am a homer! The Nebraska loss was bad but what about minnesota's end to the season and they are considered a lock for what they did three months ago. I feel like these kids are still being punished for the lick era. If we were coming off a 20 win season last year and had the exact same results as we do right now this year we would be in. I hope the tourney committe is objective on their selections.

JHHawk makes a good point (may have been made a lot already, but I don't recall) - Iowa is essentially the only team in the Big Ten that has something to play for in the conference tourney.

Minn/illannoy are probably already in.

Everyone else is either a lock in or has to win the whole thing for a bid (most of those lack the talent/depth to win four in four).

Iowa looks like the only team that can win two and get at least a look, or will get in with three.

Hope that provides inspiration enough to play hungry and focused. Will be fun to watch anyway.

Minney isn't a lock anymore.

And yes I do think Iowa not making an appearance in many years, and being quite bad for a few of those, affects them.
Leads to all the badmouthing, "oh Iowa, why don't you just give it a rest you're no good."

Latest posts