Disappointing: Time for Changes

Havnasty

As a hawkeye fan i have always been proud to cheer for the hawks win or lose. At this moment i am very disappointed as i am sure many are with the way this season has turned out. I had similar feelings after i believe the '07 season where after high pre-season expectations Iowa finished the season with a loss to W. Michigan and failed to make a bowl game. However their is a big difference between the '07 squad and this current team. The '07 team lacked the heart and talent of this years team. Iowa has had the talent, leadership and playmakers this year but has failed and the blame falls on the coaches. I think for the first time in Ferentz's 12 years as coach, he needs to conduct a serious review of his coaching staff. In my opinion this is the only thing holding Iowa from being an elite program. The team and talent on the Iowa Football team is at a Championship level and its time the coaching is as well.

time for changes were after the 2007 season. It's 3 years too late. Unfortunately Ferentz is untouchable, he knows it, and there isn't crap barta can do about it in terms of forcing him to get rid of "the problems".

time for changes were after the 2007 season. It's 3 years too late. Unfortunately Ferentz is untouchable, he knows it, and there isn't crap barta can do about it in terms of forcing him to get rid of "the problems".

Yup, 3 mill per year and a 10 year extension to just fester this team and do a big pile of nothing...

Start with the fact that he kept a defensive coordinator who had absolutely no chance of performing his job this year. That is putting one guy ahead of the whole team. Didn't want to make a hard decision and hurt the team in the process.

Face it KF is a JOKE of a game coach period and he is not worth anywhere NEAR the 3min he is getting paid of he refuses to make any changes find a new coach tired of his lame joke of excuses he comes up with after each game.....pathetic is only word i can come up for his coaching abilities.

Its all about the money, KF gets a bowl game every year. The fans head south for the game spending a lot of cash. This is all that matters to the university. Its all about money.

I have NO problem with KF, he is the perfect man for the Iowa job. I just think KF needs to realize his supporting cast isnt offering much support

CF...Isnt Iowa City the most democratic city in Iowa...no wonder its all about $$. People forget we can still make that Outback slot.

I'm as disappointed as everyone else here, but all of you are absolutely insane. Remember, we were probably five plays from having this exact same record last year.

I have said this before: we are fortunate to have Kirk Ferentz. Losing him would be a HUGE loss. Continuity is what has made us competitive and one of the top programs in the country.

Once upon a time, the University of Iowa used to have a basketball team that qualified every year for the NCAA tournament, but thanks to "fans" like you, we ended up getting rid an outstanding coach for a flavor of the month coach. Now we'll all be thrilled if, in five years, we have a hoops team with enough talent to finish in the middle of the pack of the Missouri Valley, let alone the Big Ten.

This is my fault for reading these posts, but, for crying out loud: GET. A. GRIP.

8-4 was more than a possibility after graduating 7 to the nfl including 4 nfl starters. The idea that kirk put him or someone else ahead of this team is ludicrous. You guys are goofballs.

CF...Isnt Iowa City the most democratic city in Iowa...no wonder its all about $$. People forget we can still make that Outback slot.

We will get the Outback if we win next week. This will make Barta happy. The U needs the bowl money to support the other athletic programs. As long as the KF and staff accomplish this that is all that matters. The higher ambitions that we have as die hard fans have makeno difference.

Who do y'all propose as a new coach? Do you really think we can upgrade? Change for the sake of change is never a good strategy. See lloyd care/ richrod / michigan.

KF isn't going anywhere. Changes aren't going to be made unless KF wants them. As long as the FB program is making big money and paying the bills KF has free rein. Remember years between Evy and Hayden before you wish for head coaching change or like previous poster said think of what happened to men's BB when fans wanted change. How many empty seats at BB arena now? If you want national champships maybe you better switch to being a wrestling fan.

I'm not asking for KF to go, I'm asking for KOK to go. I think Norm will be gone after the season anyway (would like it if he could stay).

Who do y'all propose as a new coach? Do you really think we can upgrade? Change for the sake of change is never a good strategy. See lloyd care/ richrod / michigan.

Not necessarily saying we should change anything. As long as everyone is happy with averaging 7-8 regular season wins and a bowl game every year we are good. This is necessary for the health of the entire athletic department.

I agree with the guy who said we are only about 5 plays away from having the same record as last year. 4th and 10 v. OSU, 3rd and 32 and 4th and 12 v. NW, Fake Punt v. WI and that Tolzien fumble then pass. Each of those plays goes differently and we're talking about a different season.

Last year we came from behind to win games in the fourth quarter. This year we have had leads in the 4th quarter and have not been able to hold onto the lead.

I think by many metrics this years team has performed as well or better, but hasn't pulled through on big plays when it counted.

yep, 5 plays go differently and everyone is talking about how great iowa is, instead, some of you tards want everyone and their mom fired.