DirecTV question for ISU

Keeker16

I only get channel 665 comcast chicago out of the fsn sports channels and I see they have a cubs game on that channel. Any other options to watch the game?

I only get channel 665 comcast chicago out of the fsn sports channels and I see they have a cubs game on that channel. Any other options to watch the game?

I have been googling this for hours, if anybody knows about the DirecTV coverage for the game in Arizona. Looks like I might have to watch online...ugh.

Where do you live? I just looked at the guide and it looks it will be shown on a lot of the regional Fox Sports channels.

Just at quick glance its on about 15 or 16 channels. You should have one in your area. Worst case scenario you could order the Sports Pack for $13 and pick one of the stations up for sure

I live in the dm area. Don't have the sports pack so the only FSN I get is the comcast sports chicago.

I live in the dm area. Don't have the sports pack so the only FSN I get is the comcast sports chicago.

I would say buy the Sports Pack for 1 month and enjoy a lot of college fb games for only $13

Seems like the easiest option

If you get channel 666 on directv, you will get the game.
Thats the CSN+ channel out of Chicago.

HD Channel is 666-1.

Tune to that channel and if it doesn't say "channel not purchased" then you should be in good shape.

If you get channel 666 on directv, you will get the game.
Thats the CSN+ channel out of Chicago.

HD Channel is 666-1.

Tune to that channel and if it doesn't say "channel not purchased" then you should be in good shape.

I checked all Direct TV packages in my area and they offer CSN. You can also check on their website for any other FSN network that might be included.

I just found it on 668 for Saturday, so I called and signed up for their sports pack. Thought for 12.99 it was well worth it for one month.

As one poster stated, if you get Comcast Chicago (665), the Iowa/ISU game will also be on 666 and 666-1 (HD). This is not a pay channel, it is an overflow channel essentially for Comcast. Several Cubs games each year are broadcast on this channel. For the guy in AZ, it should be on Fox Sports Arizona, if not you may need to order the Sports Pack, but I would be shocked if FSAZ doesn't show it.

As one poster stated, if you get Comcast Chicago (665), the Iowa/ISU game will also be on 666 and 666-1 (HD). This is not a pay channel, it is an overflow channel essentially for Comcast. Several Cubs games each year are broadcast on this channel. For the guy in AZ, it should be on Fox Sports Arizona, if not you may need to order the Sports Pack, but I would be shocked if FSAZ doesn't show it.

When do they add this to the guide typically. Right now it just says "to be announced." I need to get my DVR set up as I will be out of the country. Anyone know?

When do they add this to the guide typically. Right now it just says "to be announced." I need to get my DVR set up as I will be out of the country. Anyone know?

It appeared for me the morning of the game. So, you'll probably need to set up a manual timer.

The sportpack is great to have during college football time anyway. They show lots of great games you'd normally never see.

I've put together a lineup of the regional FSN's and Comcast SportsNet's for my blog that will be carrying the game Saturday. Looks like Root Sports Pittsburgh & FS West are the lone RSN's that won't have the game Saturday.

FS Arizona
FS Detroit
FS Florida
FS Houston
FS Midwest
FS North/Wisconsin
FS Ohio
SportSouth
FS Southwest
Root Sports Northwest
Root Sports Rocky Mountain
Comcast SportsNet Bay Area
Comcast SportsNet Chicago+ (MC 22 in Eastern Iowa will carry CSN Chicago+ feed)
Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic
Comcast SportsNet New England
Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
MSG Plus

FYI, you may not see any programming show up for 666 until game time

Ok, that is what I was worried about. So if I set up the manuel timer for 666-1 it will be on at 11 is what you are saying, even though the program guide doesn't say it is on.

Am I the only one that the game is showing up on the guide for channel 668?

Maybe it's a regional thing.

I have it show up on a TON of channels....all of which I don't get because they are regional.

Correct: any number of regional sports networks - Fox SportsNet, Comcast SportsNet, and the newer Root SportsNet (former FSN channels) are all showing the game.

Odds are, most everybody will be able to see the game via their local RSN.

Latest posts