Dillusional Georgia Tech Fans

WinOneThisCentury

Funny story...I'm in Atlanta the first week of February and I happen to be staying at the Georgian Terrace Hotel. Well, lo and behold the Georgia Tech Football program is holding their recruit signings celebration at this hotel. Now, unfortunately I didn't bring any of my Iowa gear as I would have loved to walk around the hotel wearing the colors. Instead, I decided to play it low key and just ask their fans, how did you do last year?...and how was the Orange Bowl?

The answers were hilarious. From the usual, "the layoff just killed our offense's timing", to the extremely dilusional, "we completely outplayed them and but Iowa made the plays in the fourth quarter". I would also ask them, "isn't Georgia Tech the team that never punts because your offense is so dominate?" "Did you guys punt in the Orange Bowl?" At least a few of them figured out they were being played at that point after they punted the first 6 times they had the ball. Seriously though, many of those fans felt they were holding their own with us in the trenches. It was pretty funny.

I do have to admit the signing day was pretty well done...they had their band, cheerleaders, and a large contingent of fans to welcome their signees...does Iowa do that?

Wasn't Dwyer the one who made the remark that it wasn't Iowa's defense that held them back, but they just didn't get it together early enough in the game. Sounds like a fanbase of whiners just mimicking what their players say.

They shot themselves in the foot was the mantra.

It was dishonest. That's why I like the name "The Truth" for our defense. Opponents try to delude themselves, but The Truth brings all to light. And, generally, the opponents can't handle The Truth.

It was dishonest. That's why I like the name "The Truth" for our defense. Opponents try to delude themselves, but The Truth brings all to light. And, generally, the opponents can't handle The Truth.

Love it!

My flight out of Ft Lauderdale, a couple days after the bowl game, was going to Atlanta and loaded with Ga Tech fans. Although alot of G Tech fans wanted to talk to me, before the game, not one had the grace to tell me, or the 4 Hawkeye fans travelling with me, a simple 'good game'.

Dillusional is right

Right, like no one on our side of the fence used that one after we were trounced by USC in the Orange Bowl.

I know what you're saying. I'm just saying...we're not necessarily that much different when we lose.

Right, like no one on our side of the fence used that one after we were trounced by USC in the Orange Bowl.

I know what you're saying. I'm just saying...we're not necessarily that much different when we lose.

Bad example...everyone knows we got trounced...you could use "any loss to Iowa State in the past 10 years" though! :mad:

Ok, letd call the D the "Hope we are better than you today but might concede you could beat us if you played better."

T-Shirst only sold in XXXL to get all the words on it.

Or say "The Truth" and sell like a million shirts.

YOU might not be that different, but MOST fans can clearly see a butt-whooping when they get one.

They need to recognize a great team when they see it. This is becoming epidemic in sports and it pisses me off. You lost because you got outplayed, no matter what. Shut the **** up and accept it. I never had anything against GT before this year but I can't stand their fanbase anymore.

A very short grammar lesson:

I watched Iowa's D dominate the Yellow Jackets.

Iowa's D was dominant against G Tech.

Dominate is a verb. Dominant is an adjective.

Signed,
The Grammar Police

Stupid GT fans. They wouldn't have even had to worry about any of this if Stanzi never got hurt, Iowa would have been undefeated!!!

Latest posts