Did Morris get benched?

I already used the "he sprained his mustache" line in the game thread, and I couldn't come up with anything similarly clever

Hey, give this guy a break! No way he would falsify an injury to sit on the bench. Have any ofyou guys ever played a contact sport??

Hey, give this guy a break! No way he would falsify an injury to sit on the bench. Have any ofyou guys ever played a contact sport??

No but I've been in combat several times lugging a 100+ ruk sack, kavlar plates, and diving into bunkers or running threw doors. I did have an ingrown toenail at the time and almost told my platoon that I couldn't lead them into the next house because of it (come to think of it maybe I should've iced it). Does that count? Geeez..it's football where kids get free scholarships and the coach gets paid millions. If they can't take the heat then don't play.

Sorry Malachim, did not mean to insult your individual courage. What I was trying to say is that often, those critical in certain situations have never been there. I'm a vet too, Korean war. lucky to have not been in combat, and appreciate those who have!I was at the VA hospital last week, and 3 people came up to me and thanked me for being a Vet. And I appreciate your being a vet in combat.
thanks again for your service

Sorry Malachim, did not mean to insult your individual courage. What I was trying to say is that often, those critical in certain situations have never been there. I'm a vet too, Korean war. lucky to have not been in combat, and appreciate those who have!I was at the VA hospital last week, and 3 people came up to me and thanked me for being a Vet. And I appreciate your being a vet in combat.

You should know better than to compare active duty military service and football.

As Malachi eloquently stated, these are coddled kids who are handed everything, and in return they are expected to be in top shape and play a game as well as they can.
And right now, they are failing, with only one or two exceptions. They have to answer for it.

You should know better than to compare active duty military service and football.

As Malachi eloquently stated, these are coddled kids who are handed everything, and in return they are expected to be in top shape and play a game as well as they can.
And right now, they are failing, with only one or two exceptions. They have to answer for it.

That's BS Skorp. "Handed everything"?

You can only ask them to play as hard as they can, and I didn't see anyone quit. They are failing to win, but they are not failing to try. Your comment is way out of bounds.

That's BS Skorp. "Handed everything"?

You can only ask them to play as hard as they can, and I didn't see anyone quit. They are failing to win, but they are not failing to try. Your comment is way out of bounds.

I hope you're not trolling here Ghost, but I agree with you. I think the guys are trying but it just isn't working. You can tell how awful they feel inntheinterviews free the games.

No offense taken. ;) Let me just say that I have always respected and thanked those that served during your generation. Although we still go into battles, our equipment, uniforms, and technology in todays day and age is unbelievable and to look back and see what those before us (Korean, WWI/WWII, Vietnam, etc) had to work worth is unbelievable. I've always said that your generation of veterans are due the upmost respect so thank you!

On another note, totally understand your perspective on the game. To me, a game is a game and only that. Do we get competitive and want to win? Sure! But I also look at it as though it's a job for the coaches or even the athletes who get compensated through scholarships. All knew what they were signing on the dotted line for and if we were performing at the same level in our jobs, we would be canned. Whether you're in the military where you can cost someones life or in the civilian world costing your business thousands/millions of dollars. Are we too harsh at times? Sure! I'm guilty of it plenty of times. We all want the same result and that's success regardless of the profession. ;)

Thanks again for your service!

I hope you're not trolling here Ghost, but I agree with you. I think the guys are trying but it just isn't working. You can tell how awful they feel inntheinterviews free the games.

No trolling here. I am actually the one getting mad. I mean seriously, comparing college football to combat? That is when things start to go overboard. Have a little damned perspective here people. Accusing the players of faking injuries so they don't have to play? Unless you have proof, STFU.

It's one thing to call out the coaching, but another thing to call out the player's heart and integrity. They may not be winning, but there is not a single kid who walked on that field today who made me ashamed to be a Hawkeye.

Latest posts