Did I miss something?

I

Ian Pike Hammer

We are not participating in the Gavitt Games this year?

We are not participating in the Gavitt Games this year?
That's a real head scratcher considering Iowa sat it out 2 years ago. What more - Nebraska is playing Creighton and Ohio State is Xavier - 2 f'n games that were going to happen with out without the Gavitt games help because they happen every fucking year. Also, only 8 games - yet, the B1G has 14 teams and the BE has 11. If anyone can shed more light on why this is run by a group of 10 year old's I'd be happy to listen.

That's a real head scratcher considering Iowa sat it out 2 years ago. What more - Nebraska is playing Creighton and Ohio State is Xavier - 2 f'n games that were going to happen with out without the Gavitt games help because they happen every fucking year. Also, only 8 games - yet, the B1G has 14 teams and the BE has 11. If anyone can shed more light on why this is run by a group of 10 year old's I'd be happy to listen.
It's always a rotation and the games have been divided up equally between all 14 Big Ten teams (except for MSU which has only played once). There have been 5 Gavitt Games, and each B1G team with the exception of Michigan State has played in exactly three of them.

Iowa sat out twice in a row one other time in '17 & '18, this isn't anything out of the ordinary.

It's always a rotation and the games have been divided up equally between all 14 Big Ten teams (except for MSU which has only played once). There have been 5 Gavitt Games, and each B1G team with the exception of Michigan State has played in exactly three of them.

Iowa sat out twice in a row one other time in '17 & '18, this isn't anything out of the ordinary.
I know it's not out of the ordinary, I just don't understand why there isn't 11 games? I also don't understand why if Iowa already sat it out for 2 years that they'd already be out of the rotation. Oh well, I get it, just didn't expect it. Regardless, setting up the challenge for teams to play instate rivals that happen every year is beyond dumb and IMO, means those teams schedule another crap team likely. It'd be like the B1G and the Big 12 doing a challenge and then setting up Iowa and Iowa State to play in a game they would have played either way. It's just weird.

I know it's not out of the ordinary, I just don't understand why there isn't 11 games? I also don't understand why if Iowa already sat it out for 2 years that they'd already be out of the rotation. Oh well, I get it, just didn't expect it. Regardless, setting up the challenge for teams to play instate rivals that happen every year is beyond dumb and IMO, means those teams schedule another crap team likely. It'd be like the B1G and the Big 12 doing a challenge and then setting up Iowa and Iowa State to play in a game they would have played either way. It's just weird.
I'd imagine they don't play 8 games because then their conference would be playing all of their teams every year. I don't know if it makes sense, just might be why they do it.

Leaves room to schedule another cupcake. Heaven forbid they,d have to schedule another P5 team and pad their resume!

If the Gavitt games are going to continue to be an annual thing, the Big East has to commit to it. Villanova, Georgetown and UConn are siting them out this year. You can't have an annual rivalry like we have with the ACC if not every team in willing to participate. This is our second straight year that we aren't included. Not good.

Latest posts