Did Bob Stoops just give a hint about Expansion?

briankaldenberg

Bob Stoops says Oklahoma Sooners 'pretty attractive' to any conference - ESPN

No one has said Oklahoma... but check this angle out. The Big 12 North hasn't been happy for years. What if we steal Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas and swipe Oklahoma from the South and then possibly a Big East team or a Kentucky.

Look on a Google map. The geography isn't really that out of line.

You'd have the Big 10 West:

Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma

Big 10 East:

Michigan, Michigan St, Ohio St, Penn St. Purdue, Indiana, NW, Big East or KY

Neither OK or Kentucky are members of the AAU. Besides, I wouldn't like Calipari anywhere near the Big 10; he's such a pos.

Oklahoma is getting there academically, but they are not there yet. They would be a much better fit for an expanded SEC with Arkansas as their neighbor and if the SEC picked up a school like Texas Tech. However, I still think if the Pac Ten was able to pull Texas, and Colorado, then OU would be a nice addition. The Pac Ten wants to get into the central time zone, so more of their games will be on TV earlier in the day.

I was interested in the whole Sun Belt talk. Texas is just one Sun Belt state. If you are really so concerned about population shifts to the Sun Belt, it would seem you might want more than just one state.

Bob Stoops says Oklahoma Sooners 'pretty attractive' to any conference - ESPN

No one has said Oklahoma... but check this angle out. The Big 12 North hasn't been happy for years. What if we steal Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas and swipe Oklahoma from the South and then possibly a Big East team or a Kentucky.

Look on a Google map. The geography isn't really that out of line.

You'd have the Big 10 West:

Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma

Big 10 East:

Michigan, Michigan St, Ohio St, Penn St. Purdue, Indiana, NW, Big East or KY

Unless something has changed with Kansas state law, that lineup would be impossible. I believe Kansas has a law on the books that requires KU and KSU to be in the same conference. Can anyone else verify this?

-Nick

I know this is the football board, but they are being sniffed around again for violations on their bball team -don't think that helps their cause in addition to the items listed above. JMO

I don't see tOSU and scUM being in the same division.

Why not? They'd be guaranteed to play each other at the end of every regular season, and there wouldn't be any rematches in the BTCG. Trust me on this one, Michigan and OSU will be in the same division of an expanded Big Ten.