Dev Marble

Zstatman

I was just perusing some G League rosters and was surprised to see Dev on the roster of the Santa Cruz Warriors.

I thought when the Warriors cut him early in training camp he was done but apparently not. Same sort of deal as Jarrod Uthoff.

Good catch. Sometimes I question these guys leaving overseas and taking less money chasing that NBA dream in the G league, but always hope for the best.

The way the warriors are imploding right now Dev could get a legit shot at the NBA level.

I agree that with Durant gone, Thompson and now Curry injured now might be a good time for Dev. But he'll have to play well to get a shot.

Good catch. Sometimes I question these guys leaving overseas and taking less money chasing that NBA dream in the G league, but always hope for the best.

The way the warriors are imploding right now Dev could get a legit shot at the NBA level.

Because the NBA is the dream. Imo, playing overseas is harder on the girlfriend, the wife, the family than it is the players themselves.

I don't follow the NBA at all, season way too long for me. But I thought the Warriors were a NE Patriots-like dynasty?

Durant tore his Achilles and then left in free agency

Klay tore his knee and is out for the year

Steph broke his hand and is out 3+ months

Draymond just tore a ligament in his finger but is day to day supposedly.

The warriors are probably going to tank this year, get a top 3 lottery pick next year, then trade deangelo Russel for another stud, and return with a healthy Klay and Steph and be dominant again

I don't follow the NBA at all, season way too long for me. But I thought the Warriors were a NE Patriots-like dynasty?

Me also. When I was a little shaver, just learning the rules, I quickly found out that they were different for all the prima donnas in the NBA. The rules are bent [others, many, would say broken] for the benefit of the offensive side of the ball.
They are W-A-Y overpaid and their egos are off the charts. "Look at me, I dunked a basketball!" [Flexes his muscles] Yeah, it didn't hurt that you were 6'9" The NBA is a joke; haven't watched it in 50 years; don't care who wins the championship. Its an insult to sportsmanship and competition and an eyesore for the United States.

Me also. When I was a little shaver, just learning the rules, I quickly found out that they were different for all the prima donnas in the NBA. The rules are bent [others, many, would say broken] for the benefit of the offensive side of the ball.
They are W-A-Y overpaid and their egos are off the charts. "Look at me, I dunked a basketball!" [Flexes his muscles] Yeah, it didn't hurt that you were 6'9" The NBA is a joke; haven't watched it in 50 years; don't care who wins the championship. Its an insult to sportsmanship and competition and an eyesore for the United States.

Not sure what this rant has to do with Dev Marble being on the Warriors' G League roster but that's OK.

I'm also not sure why you think Russell might get traded? He has a chance to blossom this year.

Glenn Robinson III was starting for the Warriors and I think he was a 2nd round pick.

This is a great chance for a bunch of players to get their minutes and develop their game. I just hope Dev gets a shot,, he'll have to play well in Santa Cruz for that to happen. But, do you know what? Dev was on Orlando's roster for two years and never did show much, showed no improvement. We'll see if he's improved his game playing overseas? Some do, many don't.

Because the NBA is the dream. Imo, playing overseas is harder on the girlfriend, the wife, the family than it is the players themselves.
Yeah that overseas life isn't for everyone. Just the fact they have a G league option over here is great for those guys. Even if the pay is a fraction of what they could be getting.

In my mind, the key reason we need Dev to do well is that we need to start seeing Hawkeyes on NBA rosters which should help recruiting.

We've got Tyler Cook on the bench of the Cleveland Cavaliers on a two way contract so he should be going up and down between the Cavs and the Canton Charge.

We've got Jarrod Uthoff on the roster of the Memphis Hustle. It seems to me he's got the game, he just needs the opportunity.

And now we've got Devyn at Santa Cruz.

Latest posts