Des Moines Register Headline

"Beach Boys Deck Tech"

Are you serious? It makes absolutely no sense at all. I wanted to add this and frame it next to the "Next Man In" season preview headline, but the stupid title almost makes it not worth it.

Beach Boys Deck Tech.........LOL

How about something like: Hawks Fly South And Ambush The Yellow Jackets

That was the first one I thought of. May not be the best, but at least it makes sense. Any other suggestions?

Or even if they just took out "Beach Boys" and put in "Hawkeyes" "Hawkeyes Deck Tech" sounds much better to me.

How about

'Cool Hawkeyes Swat Yellow Jackets'

Hawkeye weather in Florida, as Coach Ferentz told Chris Myers of FoxSports

"Beach Boys Deck Tech"

Are you serious? It makes absolutely no sense at all. I wanted to add this and frame it next to the "Next Man In" season preview headline, but the stupid title almost makes it not worth it.

Beach Boys Deck Tech.........LOL

How about something like: Hawks Fly South And Ambush The Yellow Jackets

That was the first one I thought of. May not be the best, but at least it makes sense. Any other suggestions?

I am with you. I was disappointed in the DMR for that one. I wanted to frame it, but i am not framing "beach Boys Deck Tech." That is horrible.

I was helping a friend write his headline last night, and I suggested this one:

Headline: Georgia Tech Runs Out of Options

(would have had pick of Clayborn sack under it---see pick in this thread)

Subheader: Hawkeye Defense Shuts Down Jackets for First BCS Win in School History

The Register is so Cy biased anymore it kills 'em to have to write something nice about the Hawks. The quality of the sports page has gone down so far it isn't even fun to read when I do get home.

I am with you. I was disappointed in the DMR for that one. I wanted to frame it, but i am not framing "beach Boys Deck Tech." That is horrible.

Subheader: Hawkeye Defense Shuts Down Jackets for First BCS Win in School History

don't worry fellas....the register won't be around much longer. Not too many readers now anyway. This post is the only place I get those headlines from.

Love the Headline. And the story of the game was the Defense and the game MVP Clayborn. Perfect.

Latest posts