Des Howard on Pellini

NeilDiamond

Said on CFL that he would have smacked Pellini for what he did to Martinez and that he would have showed up in Bo's driveway if he was Martinez' dad. Love it.

Pellini is absolute trash. I am all for tough love, but he was about 100 yards past the line. He was essentially slobering like a rabid dog. I heard him today said, he gets emotional because he is fighing for his kids. That is total BS. His actions show he cares only about himself and his record. No coach would ever dress down a player like that if they actually cared about them.

Last edited:
Frankly, after viewing the video, RichRod vs. Forcier last year in Iowa City was worse.

Frankly, after viewing the video, RichRod vs. Forcier last year in Iowa City was worse.

They were both really bad. I wouldn't blame Martinez for leaving. He is a big time player. I also can't for the life of me understand why Forcier is still at Michigan. He should be starting somewhere else.

i don't know about that, but I would say that neither is acceptable behavior.

Carl should be fired for knocking the cameraman, and tearing apart the camera.

For all you new KF 'dislikers' can you ever imagine KF or staff displaying this behavior towards a player on the sideline? The last person I remember getting a 'lecture' on the sideline was (drawing a blank) the receiver who caught the hail mary ball v. Indiana back in '06 or '07 - the kid spiking the ball in the endzone. Came over and an assistant coach got on him for doing so.

For all you new KF 'dislikers' can you ever imagine KF or staff displaying this behavior towards a player on the sideline? The last person I remember getting a 'lecture' on the sideline was (drawing a blank) the receiver who caught the hail mary ball v. Indiana back in '06 or '07 - the kid spiking the ball in the endzone. Came over and an assistant coach got on him for doing so.

I believe that was Stross wasn't it?

O'Keefe got on Stanzi pretty hard at the end of the first half of that Pitt game back in 2008 when Stanzi wanted to try to execute something before halftime. It was a good lesson from a great teacher.

O'Keefe got on Stanzi pretty hard at the end of the first half of that Pitt game back in 2008 when Stanzi wanted to try to execute something before halftime. It was a good lesson from a great teacher.

I vaguely recall that. Yes. I don't think it is comparable to getting Pelini'd, and I don't think you are making that reach.

I believe that was Stross wasn't it?

yeah it was stross, and i caught the ball haha that was one of the best plays that ever happened right in front of me... i cant believe how far in to the stands that ball went. possibly the best spike in the history of football

OK4P - Almost had me for a minute, there. You're so damn crafty! I love it!

Howard said something to the effect of, "I'd slap the taste out of his mouth w/ the back of my hand." I was shocked how decisive and direct Howard was about this. He also commented, "I just kept expecting it to end (the *** chewing)." But what they showed on CFL was a little shocking, and I'd definitely say it was worse than DickRod on Forcier last year. I honestly thought Pelini was going to head-butt or hit Martinez.

Des is full of it.

You think Bo Schembechler didn't get after his players like that? Come on now. Wussyville, USA, population: legion

It was Terry Strauss who went on to say he was completely embarrassed by his own behavior.

Des is full of it.

You think Bo Schembechler didn't get after his players like that? Come on now. Wussyville, USA, population: legion

I haven't read anywhere that Pelini said what Martinez did to earn that. What did he do? I never saw Bo's Michigan teams play, so I can't say that he didn't get after players like that. But I doubt (again, this is just my uninformed notion) that he would get on a player like that who didn't deserve it. And cripes, Martinez is a freshman. It's not like he f*cked up as a senior.

Des is full of it.

I don't think Des is full of it, Martinez wasn't even in the game when he got that *** chewing, to me there is a time and place for it, but right on the sidelines wasn't the place. If it truly was about him texting in the locker room while getting treatment and not a mistake he made on the field then chew the kid a new one in the locker room and in private.

Des is full of it.

Some of the things you could do as a coach in the Woody Hayes/Bo Schembechler days wont fly today.

This is the 21st century Jon, denying players of water, verbal abuse(Mangino) or things of that nature aren't tolerated like they use to be.

It has nothing to do with being a "wussy"...you can coach and effectively get a point across without having to be an a$$ bag.

And PLEASE don't respond with "it makes you tougher"

Don't be THAT GUY...getting treated like garbage doesn't make you tougher.

I would never want my son playing for that a-hole. I can't believe Tom Osborne is putting up with that. He is worse then mike Stoops.....

Apparently, Martinez used his cell phone in the locker room (while he was being treated) to phone his dad and tell him what the extent of the injury was. Pellini has a policy (like most head coaches) that cell phones are turned off once the team reaches the locker room before the game, and are not to be turned on again until after the game is over).

Latest posts