Defense

WinOneThisCentury

If you can keep this team together, you have the core of a really really good group of players. Everyone obviously needs to get a lot stronger, and improve lateral quickness if the defense is going to get better. I thought yesterday was actually one of the better defensive games we have played...for the most part. I really hope Fran is forced to get a defensive minded coach on his staff. What we have now, isn't working. There are breakdowns consistently happening where guys are getting open looks and wide paths to the basket as the rotations are so late you would think it was KF calling time out in the two minute drill.

I think it's safe to say Fran is a yeller. If he can't motivate them to play with desire every night, maybe someone else can. It's obvious Fran is good on the offensive end. I like the stuff we run there. We need change in the defensive approach or something and get some new blood on the staff.

The other thing that stood out was Michigan attacking one of our guards over and over again. It was so bad, the other coach pulled his point guard over and gave him a royal ass chewing for not penetrating. That was their game the whole second half. If you are the weak link, you have to figure out how to not be the weak link defensively. Either that, you have to seriously outscore your defensive liability. In some games it happens, in the games it doesn't, we are at a major disadvantage.