Deadline to Withdraw from NBA Draft Pushed Back

This is the right thing to do for the student-athletes. But from a homer fan perspective it's not the greatest news. It just gives the NBA teams more time to evaluate and discover how great Garza is. Someone like Garza could have made a huge impression on teams if they would have had draft combines.

I guess my thought is it makes the draft that much more appealing. If I'm Luka, i'm putting a great deal of weight on the issue of whether I have a better chance of stepping on the court this winter as a pro (regardless of whether its NBA, G-League, Europe, China, etc...) or as a collegiate athlete. Regardless of what I think his chances are of playing in the NBA, if I'm in his position do I risk taking a year off the length of my career as a professional or a "student" athlete. If he chooses to remain in college and there is no season then what? If he chooses to give up his amateur status and there is no season then he's a full year ahead of where he would be by staying in college. Tough decision for anyone, especially if when the "college environment" will most likely be nothing like it was going forward.