David Barrent

Is David Barrent, OL from West Des Moines Valley redshirting this season at MSU? Wonder if he has any second thoughts about choosing Sparty?

Yes, he is. I saw him amongst the celebratory throng of Sparty players after the Michigan game (#79, IIRC). Whether he's having any second thoughts or not, he's made his (extrememly large) bed, and now he has to sleep in it.

I'm sure he isn't regretting it yet. He's red-shirting on a MSU team that is 3-1 in the big ten and has a shot at beating Iowa next weekend (we don't play well in East Lansing). If we beat MSU and the big ten title he may have second thoughts, but he chose MSU for a reason and that's probably because it's where he feels most comfortable, hence he isn't regretting his decision.

Am I the only one who takes that stuff personal? I'm heading to E. Lansing this weekend....if he gets within an earshot, I'll remind him where he's from, and hopefully..be pointing to the scoreboard at the time!!

There is another OT at Valley right now. A sophmore who has started every game this year on varsity. 6'6" 240 lbs and still growing projected to be 6'10" 310 lbs by senior year, that could be a stretch but that is what his Dad said. Hopefully Kirk doesn't let that monster get away.

I really dont mind this jackhole going to MSU. I want guys that WANT to be Hawkeyes. In the end I really think he will be kicking himself for not coming to Iowa. I think Iowa develops O Lineman WAY better than MSU.....
Hopefully Iowa will come out with a chip (due to what happened last year at EL and the continued lack of respect from the talking heads) on its shoulder on Saturday and shows DB that he should have stayed a Hawkeye!

Barrent made the decision that he thought was best for him. I am not going to knock him for that, but everytime he steps on the field against the hawks, our dline will make him pay.

Latest posts