Dave Wannstedt to resign at Pitt

PJHawk

Pittsburgh coach Dave Wannstedt is out after six seasons leading his alma mater, a source close to Wannstedt told ESPN.com.

Wannstedt will announce his resignation on Tuesday night and remain in the athletic department in a non-coaching capacity. Offensive coordinator Frank Cignetti Jr. is expected to be named interim coach and lead the Panthers in the BBVA Compass Bowl against Kentucky.

Source: Dave Wannstedt out as coach of Pittsburgh Panthers - ESPN

Pittsburgh coach Dave Wannstedt is out after six seasons leading his alma mater, a source close to Wannstedt told ESPN.com.

Wannstedt will announce his resignation on Tuesday night and remain in the athletic department in a non-coaching capacity. Offensive coordinator Frank Cignetti Jr. is expected to be named interim coach and lead the Panthers in the BBVA Compass Bowl against Kentucky.

Source: Dave Wannstedt out as coach of Pittsburgh Panthers - ESPN

Wow. Just saw that. I can't believe that he was pressured out.....after a 7-5 season no less.

I don't think Kirk should be on the hot seat, but I hope that a sense of disappointment from the fan base and boosters rattles the cages a bit.

No more Wannstache.......now what????

Make comments about Pat Hill's fu manchu?

Latest posts