Dave from CFBMatrix...

HawkeyeWalker

Just said on Omaha radio... KF is "dead wrong" when he mentioned after the MD game "good thing style points don't matter".

I'll put aside I think Dave is a arrogant nozzle....and that he completely missed the point of KF'S comment.

The reality is KF is absolutely correct. Because, concerning the CFP, it's an all or nothing proposition for Iowa...either we go 13-0 and are in....and it does not matter if we win by 1 point....or....we lose 1 and are out....with JUST the division, B1G, and potential Rose to play for (not to bad for the preseason picked 5th best team in the B1G West)

Dave thinks he's really smart and has the committee figured out, when in reality, the are being completely subjective and will continue to be.

Keep winning, and all these "experts", can just keep talking.

Btw, had a nebby fan bring up the "we have a championship" argument today....it was awesome. As soon as he said it (almost as if it was an involuntary vomit response)...he realized how ridiculous it now sounds.

Ohio St probably doesnt get into the final 4 last year without big time style points from crushing late season opponents.

Ohio St probably doesnt get into the final 4 last year without big time style points from crushing late season opponents.

Have to agree that our Hawks will have to blow out each team by as much as possible to have a chance at getting into playoffs and satisfy the committee. I really don't agree with this though, because, if we get ahead comfortably, I'd like to see liberal replacements to get everyone experience in live games.

The fuskers are a POS this year so they make our SOS bad so they need to be hammered big time by the Hawks!

^Exactly. Ohio State had a loss. They were fighting an uphill battle all year. They needed the convincing win over Wisconsin. If they didn't lose to Va Tech earlier in the year and went undefeated, style points wouldn't have mattered, they were in as long as they won each game.

I've been saying the same thing for awhile now.

However, OSU had a loss. Iowa could win out @ 13-0....perhaps a little different?

I still say, we need to go 12-0 and play an undefeated OSU (and win) to get into the playoffs.

^Exactly. Ohio State had a loss. They were fighting an uphill battle all year. They needed the convincing win over Wisconsin. If they didn't lose to Va Tech earlier in the year and went undefeated, style points wouldn't have mattered, they were in as long as they won each game.

The fact that the reputation of a program weighs so heavily on the rankings year to year is disturbing. Look at osu this season. They beat indiana and northern Illinois by 7 a piece...and iowa is being questioned? Notre dame has a win over temple and a loss. The osu thing floors me.

We aren't a style points team. We either win to get in or we have a loss and are out. And dont question the captain mother trucker.

This is real simple. If Iowa goes 13-0 they will be in the playoff. If they lose 1 game they are out.
Style points come into play for the one loss teams like Alabama, Ohio St., etc. A one loss Iowa team has no shot.

For Iowa, style points do not matter. Iowa must win the BIG championship game and be undefeated to make the playoff. We all know that formula.

For some of these Big 12 teams (and others that have been national favorites since August), style points might/do matter. They could get jumped by a conference champion....they do not have a championship game themselves. For teams with 1 loss already, style points are pretty important I would think. Especially for those committee members using the 'eyeball test".

But for Iowa, nope. Not. At. All.

Plus, they had the "popularity contest champion" head coach Urban Meyer. He alone, I think, was a tipping point for the committee.

The fact that the reputation of a program weighs so heavily on the rankings year to year is disturbing. Look at osu this season. They beat indiana and northern Illinois by 7 a piece...and iowa is being questioned? Notre dame has a win over temple and a loss. The osu thing floors me.

I've seen lots of pundits question Iowa beating a ranked Wisconsin team on the road by 4 points.

I haven't seen any questions about OSU struggling against many teams, not just the ones you mentioned, but they were tied with Maryland in the 3rd quarter.

Alabama was trailing 3-4 Tennessee AT HOME with five minutes left before winning by 5. No one says boo about that. Yet they're #4 with a loss.

I just hope we can do it as it's going to be like the island of misfit toys when the toys thought Rudolf wasn't coming and had forgotten about them. Lol

"I knew we weren't for real." "Just another year gone by and nobody wants us." "I knew Kirk would screw this all up."

.......... "but wait? What's that noise??" Christmas bells chiming in the distance and getting louder by the minute...... "It's Rudolf and he leading Santa's slay!!!!!" "but wait? Whose that player??" iowa croud roaring and getting loader by the minute..... "It's CJ and he is leading the team to the unthinkable season!!!!" CJ with your arm so strong, can you prove the ESPN pundits wrong?

Go HAWKS and kick Azz!!!!!!

Last edited:
I just hope we can do it as it's going to be like the island of misfit toys when the toys thought Rudolf wasn't coming and had forgotten about them. Lol

"I knew we weren't for real." "Just another year gone by and nobody wants us." "I knew Kirk would screw this all up."

.......... "but wait? What's that noise??" Christmas bells chiming in the distance and getting loader by the minute...... "It's Rudolf and he leading Santa's slay!!!!!" "but wait? Whose that player??" iowa croud roaring and getting loader by the minute..... "It's CJ and he is leading the team to the unthinkable season!!!!" CJ with your arm so strong, can you prove the ESPN pundits wrong?

Go HAWKS and kick Azz!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr6GbKciNCY

The Hawks are DEFINITELY being treated like Charlie-In-The-Box

Latest posts