Dancing and Jumping

Hawk4ever

I've heard Jon talk about in his younger days of being frustrated with watching the hawks and throwing remotes and other misc items ...

I have to confess that I'm 40 years old and last night I was dancing and yelling and hollaring as Stanzi threw the TD pass to win it. My wife says watching me yell and scream at the TV during Iowa football and basketball games is as interresting as the games them selves. I'm a huge arm chair coach cheerleader and cardiac big KID when it comes to hawkeye sports ...

What are some of the behind closed door things you do as hawkeye sports unfold before your eyes .... I've had a neighbor knock at my door and ask me to quiet it down(honest gods truth during the PSU game this year) because I was yelling and hollaring to loud.

I've heard Jon talk about in his younger days of being frustrated with watching the hawks and throwing remotes and other misc items ...

I have to confess that I'm 40 years old and last night I was dancing and yelling and hollaring as Stanzi threw the TD pass to win it. My wife says watching me yell and scream at the TV during Iowa football and basketball games is as interresting as the games them selves. I'm a huge arm chair coach cheerleader and cardiac big KID when it comes to hawkeye sports ...

What are some of the behind closed door things you do as hawkeye sports unfold before your eyes .... I've had a neighbor knock at my door and ask me to quiet it down(honest gods truth during the PSU game this year) because I was yelling and hollaring to loud.

I have calmed greatly since i became a father. With that being said I got very "excited" a few times last evening. I went nuts basically on the helmet to helmet hit thinking no flag had been thrown. On the long pass to DJK i nearly put my hand through the ceiling from being so happy and literally on the last play of the game i moved quicker than i have in 25 years...I was on my knees on the ground and when MM caught it i think i jumped straight to my feet and was probably heard a mile away. I admit it...I ran through the basement like a freak...jumping around screaming like a 5 year old.

I was at Overtime in Bettendorf and literally was hugging and high fiving everyone within a 10 foot radius of me. Even if I didn't know them.

It was a great atmosphere.

I'm glad I am not the only one. We had some people over last night for the game like we do every weekend, and my wife said after the game she wishes she had a video camera on us. She said she has never seen 5 grown men dance around and hug each other like that.

My wife cannot stand watching the games with me, she doesnt know if i am going to enjoy myself or throw something at the wall. Last night was one of the most gut wrenching sporting events in Iowa History. Picked up my buddy in my arms and almost broke my back as mcnutt laid in the end zone. One second I think I am going to puke the next moment I am singing in heaven there is no beer!!

Go Hawks!

LMAO!! My wife was telling the kids to stay away from Dad lastnight at the end of the game. I don't believe I sat down for a quarter and a half until I sat fot the last play of the game. She can't understand why I talk to the TV and she will routinely ask me who I'm talking to. My heart was beating so fast lastnight, haven't been that pumped for ages.

Latest posts