Dan McCarney coming home

I think Mac will have success at UNT and may make them not be a easy win. Lots of great talent down here and the school has dumped alot into improving the football program. They could give us a tough game then. Shame we won't do a home and home with them so I can see the hawks here in the DFW area.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned this earlier, but McCarney is bringing the Mean Green to town in 2015 & 2017.

Iowa notes: Non-conference schedule update | TheGazette

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/21280-iowa-should-play-north-texas.html

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/21283-danny-mac-named-new-head-coach-north-texas.html

it was briefly discussed last year....

Mac will be pumped up for this game, in 2013 he has a chance to make a splash opening the season against Georgia (by then he will have added some JC talent and a couple of good 4 year players that would be juniors)..... they have just finished off a Brand new stadium that could be expanded to 50k if ticket sales suggest it:

0110_FP_UNT.jpg

New North Texas Mean Green Stadium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
I think Mac will have success at UNT and may make them not be a easy win. Lots of great talent down here and the school has dumped alot into improving the football program. They could give us a tough game then. Shame we won't do a home and home with them so I can see the hawks here in the DFW area.

It would be a shame if the hawks DID do a home and home with them.

I would love to see the Hawks do a home and home with a Texas team but not with North Texas. TCU, A&M, Texas Tech, or Baylor would all be great choices.

Aw man! I was hoping they were going to! Ugh!

Latest posts