Dan McCarney accepts North Texas job

I'm actually happy about that, cause I was afraid of him getting the Minnesota job. The last thing we need is a Gopher coach putting all their energy into making the Iowa game the Super Bowl. We already got ISU, Wisky, and NW doing that we don't need another. But judging by the We hate Iowa chants at the game today, maybe we already do.

I'm actually happy about that, cause I was afraid of him getting the Minnesota job. The last thing we need is a Gopher coach putting all their energy into making the Iowa game the Super Bowl. We already got ISU, Wisky, and NW doing that we don't need another. But judging by the We hate Iowa chants at the game today, maybe we already do.

Minnesota does that at every game, even when they're not playing Iowa. It's just a thing.

EDIT: Note the shirts.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZgfoDxZFbw[/ame]

Last edited:
They chant who hates Iowa at every game or they chant who hates "the opponet" at every game.

If this is UNT here in Denton, I think they have a bigger and nicer stadium than ISU. He'll probably be much more successful there. :)

Of course, most of the high schools around her have more resources and football revenue than ISU.

When you look at these stats from your link it really jumps out the absolute historical ineptitude that is Iowa State football and also the incredible job Mac did there.

McCarney is the winningest coach in Cyclones' history, with a 56-85 record.

Under McCarney, Iowa State earned the only top 10 ranking in school history (No. 9 in 2002) and won nine games in 2000 – the program's most since 1906. Before McCarney arrived, the Cyclones had gone to only two bowl games, but Iowa State made five bowls in his final seven seasons before he was fired after the 2006 season

i think he'll be pretty successful. i liked the guy for the most part, heck of a defensive coach.

. The last thing we need is a Gopher coach putting all their energy into making the Iowa game the Super Bowl. We already got ISU, Wisky, and NW doing that we don't need another. But judging by the We hate Iowa chants at the game today, maybe we already do.

the sad thing: I think that you actually believe that

Latest posts