Dailey and Moss

morley10

while watching game I noticed Dailey being a little more aggressive on driving the ball but his outside shot is not good. Moss on the other hand could be more aggressive shooting from the outside. He seems to have more room to shoot than Bohannon but doesn’t pull the trigger. Moss is a good shooter who could really help us down the stretch.

Moss needs to shoot more. Said in the gameday thread...it seems like if he misses his first shot he just gets timid and stops shooting. At this point he's probably the best outside shooter we have. He's tall enough where he can shoot over guys where Bohannon can't. He's also aggressive enough where defenders have to respect his penetration.

He's been my x factor for 2 years now and he's just too timid. Hopefully next year he comes out Peter Jok style and just says "f it I'm taking over"

I really believe that Moss has the ability to attack the basket.. Iowa doesn’t have that and in my mind we should be looking for more of it... and I don’t know if that’s on Fran or Moss.

He plays D1 ball sorry he knows how to dribble a basketball. :cool:

Lol of course he knows how to dribble. But the funny thing about playing D1 ball is you play D1 competition. He can't dribble a ball good enough against D1 competition to succeed at driving in the lane. If he has to dribble more than 2 times, it's already a turnover, he just doesn't know it yet.

while watching game I noticed Dailey being a little more aggressive on driving the ball but his outside shot is not good. Moss on the other hand could be more aggressive shooting from the outside. He seems to have more room to shoot than Bohannon but doesn’t pull the trigger. Moss is a good shooter who could really help us down the stretch.
Moss turned down a lot of shots, I don't know if he's just not ready to shoot or what, by the time he thinks to shoot the defense recovers and he has to drive. He really needs to be READY to catch and shoot.

Lol of course he knows how to dribble. But the funny thing about playing D1 ball is you play D1 competition. He can't dribble a ball good enough against D1 competition to succeed at driving in the lane. If he has to dribble more than 2 times, it's already a turnover, he just doesn't know it yet.
He really can't bring the ball up against pressure, it's why he's not ready for the NBA.

Did I watch a different game than everyone else? Moss took 14 shots...Bohannon was next with 11 then Garza with 7. I also like Moss and want him taking open looks. But this is a strange game to make the observation he didn’t shoot enough.

And I like Moss driving. He and Cook are the 2 guys that can get banged around and play through it IMO. The 3rd guy is on a medical RS.

Agreed, he is one of the worst dribbling shooting guards I've ever seen. Really holds him back from becoming a stud. Wonder if he has small hands or something, it just seems like he loses the ball easily

Moss needs more high ball screens. He is good at finishing in traffic and a great shooter. He he would really benefit from more screens to alleviate his driving problems.

Moss needs more high ball screens. He is good at finishing in traffic and a great shooter. He he would really benefit from more screens to alleviate his driving problems.
I want to see him running off screens like we do for JBo sometimes. He can catch and shoot really well. It's when he puts the ball on the floor more than a couple times his effectiveness goes down.

I think Moss is the most improved guy on the team.
- He's added the drive and usually finishes.
- His defensive anticipation and movement is much better and he's got active hands.
- He's a more effective rebounder.
- He's playing within the flow of the game. I don't think he's timid, at all. Now, he feels it out and is more selective, where, in the past, he'd jack it up, regardless, very early in the shot clock.

I'm not claiming all this is proven in his production but my eyes tell me he's having a much more positive impact (efficiency? timely? discipline?) where, past 2 seasons, he was just as likely to be a liability.

Dailey ... just not. Talk about "wilting" quickly. I have yet to see anything to justify the myth that he's a good defender. He usually looks lost, rarely contributes +/-, is easily frustrated and then gives flat-footed / spectator effort on D.

The last few games Dailey just looks kind of disinterested. Would not be surprised if he transfers next year, but I think we should be okay if he does.

JBO, Moss, and CMac have been penetrating opposing defenses on a pretty regular basis the last few games. It has been a successful strategy. A few scores have achieved, as well as some put backs by others, and some nice assists.
It is as myth that we don't have guards who can penetrate. JW has also been pretty good at that.

JBO, Moss, and CMac have been penetrating opposing defenses on a pretty regular basis the last few games. It has been a successful strategy. A few scores have achieved, as well as some put backs by others, and some nice assists.
It is as myth that we don't have guards who can penetrate. JW has also been pretty good at that.
I agree.