Cyclone game asked the questions - Pitt game answered them

M

mysteron

and then a certain coach ignored the answers.

In 2008 it became clear that Stanzi was better than JC. And KF reluctantly gave in to the obvious, but not without first costing us a game. Stanzi took over and we won 3 bowl games in a row for the first time ever!

Jake struggled against UNI and Ball State and then lost to a horrible Cyclone team. The defense actually wasn't terrible in those game so Kirk saw Jake as our "best chance to win". Then in the Pitt game it became clear we couldn't impose our will on other teams and CJ started the second half. We won that game. Then in his first start we spotted Purdue 10 points and then scored 24 straight to win by our largest margin up to that point in the season. I will remind you that in Jake's first start he lost to a MAC team.

You remove CJ from this season and we lose to Pitt (and maybe even Purdue) making us 5-4, maybe even 4-5. But you remove Rudock from this season and leave us with just CJ/Sokol and give Willies more plays and we win against the Cyclones, with possible losses to MD/Minny. Making us 7-2 right now at the very least. The possibility of 8-1 or 9-0 being very real.

So why demote the QB who was in the process of rescuing the season after the Cyclone loss? IMO because of last year. Jake looked better than CJ last year and CJ upset KF with his late TD in the Purdue game. But between the end of last season and the early part of this season CJ became the better QB and showed that his natural gifts are superior to Jake's. In simple terms, CJ has the IT factor.

I'm not saying Jake lost us the game at Minny, the team lost that game. But you put CJ in at the 3rd quarter of the Cyclone game and leave him as the starter for the rest of this season and at worst we are 7-2 right now.

Stubbornness is why we are 6-3 headed toward 7-5 instead of 7-2 headed toward 9-3.

I can't say CJB wouldn't struggle in games that we won had he replaced Jake. Jake isn't a bad QB, it's just from what I've seen.. CJB is better, so I'll have to say while I can't say OP is right because it's speculation now, but I can say I agree CJB should be the starter and play makers should be playing more.

If I had to guess, I'd say it isn't that simple.

Simple? Multiple paragraphs = simple? You need to look that word up. If I had said "Fire Greg Davis" and left it at that, your reply would make sense.

You belong in track and field, cuz those were some huge leaps!!

7-2 with CJ is a giant leap over 6-3 with JR? You need to change your major from mathematics to politics, cuz rational thinking ain't your friend.

Toledo and Kansas were able to put up 30+ against ISU.....Iowa managed 17, including a whopping 3 in the second half.

Jake isn't a bad quarter back. However his ceiling (as jon says) isn't that high. Jake isn't a playmaker. Yes sometimes in September he can find an Iowa receiver who is wide open, then he'll wind up, plant his feet, keep winding up and throw the ball.

If I were a DLine coach, I would teach them to look at the QB in passing situations get ready and block the passes... Minny did it. And I wondered....you just tell them, that Jake's throwing motion is
so s l o w that you can position yourself to knock down his shorter passes.

Never interfere with someone else's fantasy where they can make their own rules and leaps of faith.

You could've formulated a big boy reply, but you waived the white fail flag emblazoned with ad hominem. You've earned our pity.

I can't say CJB wouldn't struggle in games that we won had he replaced Jake. Jake isn't a bad QB, it's just from what I've seen.. CJB is better, so I'll have to say while I can't say OP is right because it's speculation now, but I can say I agree CJB should be the starter and play makers should be playing more.

Win1thiscentury echoed your sentiments in his thread. I agree with both of you. The personnel decisions this year has cost us players and games. People keep saying this team doesn't have talent. We know it does, and it's being utilized incorrectly. We certainly have more talent than ISU/Minny. And an argument can be made more talent than MD.

Latest posts