Current Big 10 Standings...Adjusted

WindsorHawk

Most tend to agree that Michigan State is the best team in the conference. They have the talent. They have a good coach. They thrive on their physical style during conference play. They typically have a free throw and/or foul advantage. So I am removing every team's Michigan State losses and below are the updated standings heading into tonight.

Michigan 7-1 (2)
Maryland 7-1 (0)
Purdue 6-1 (1)
Iowa 5-2 (0)
Wisconsin 5-3 (1)
Minnesota 4-4 (1)
Nebraska 3-4 (1)
Northwestern 3-4 (0)
Indiana 3-5 (2)
Ohio State 2-4 (1)
Rutgers 2-5 (1)
Illinois 1-7 (1)
Penn State 0-7 (0)

(Games left against Michigan State)

Note - At this point only Iowa has played Michigan State twice. Some teams only play them once. Michigan and Indiana still have to play them twice.

Last edited:
I personally think Michigan is clearly the 2nd best team in the conference. So I will list the remaining Michigan games.

Maryland 7-1 (2)
Purdue 6-1 (0)
Iowa 5-2 (1)
Wisconsin 5-3 (1)
Minnesota 4-4 (1)
Nebraska 3-4 (1)
Northwestern 3-4 (0)
Indiana 3-5 (1)
Ohio State 2-4 (1)
Rutgers 2-5 (1)
Illinois 1-7 (0)
Penn State 0-7 (1)

I personally think Michigan is clearly the 2nd best team in the conference. So I will list the remaining Michigan games.

Maryland 7-1 (2)
Purdue 6-1 (0)
Iowa 5-2 (1)
Wisconsin 5-3 (1)
Minnesota 4-4 (1)
Nebraska 3-4 (1)
Northwestern 3-4 (0)
Indiana 3-5 (1)
Ohio State 2-4 (1)
Rutgers 2-5 (1)
Illinois 1-7 (0)
Penn State 0-7 (1)

I think we need to root for Maryland and Purdue to lose to hopefully sneak into a top 4 seed if we do our part. Concede finishing behind Michigan and hope they sweep Maryland.

My stab at projecting final standings.

1 - Michigan State
2 - Michigan
3 - Purdue
4 - Maryland
5 - Wisconsin
6 - Iowa
7 - Nebraska
8 - Minnesota
9 - Northwestern
10 - Ohio State
11 - Indiana
12 - Rutgers
13 - Illinois
14 - Penn State

Edit - We would play the Indiana vs. Penn State winner on Thursday of the BTT (in Chicago) at 8:30. Win and we get Purdue at 8:30 Friday.

The problem with the premise of this thread is that nobody remembers who you play with an uneven conference schedule, they care who you beat.

To that point we have not beaten a team above .500 in the league based on your adjusted rankings.

Lot of ball left, but there are no consolation prizes for getting hammered by MSU twice.

The problem with the premise of this thread is that nobody remembers who you play with an uneven conference schedule, they care who you beat.

To that point we have not beaten a team above .500 in the league based on your adjusted rankings.

Lot of ball left, but there are no consolation prizes for getting hammered by MSU twice.
My point was/is that we have 1 game left against the Michigan schools. The other teams in Tier 2 (Rob's tiers) all have at least 2. And it's looking more and more like Purdue isn't going to lose many games...only Michigan and Michigan State have beaten them.

I agree with Rob's current Tier 2 teams...WI, MD, MN and IA. Below are games each of these teams have remaining against Michigan State, Michigan and Purdue...the (Tier 1) teams with 4 conference losses between them 3 of which are against each other and the other at WI. I have also listed each team's remaining Tier 2 road games.

WI (2)...Tier 2 road game MN = 3
MD (3)...Tier 2 road games WI and IA = 5
MN (4)...Tier 2 road game MD = 5
IA (1)...Tier 2 road game WI = 2

Wisconsin looks like the clear front runner to finish 4th. Maryland and Minnesota are currently ahead of Iowa in the standings. But they have much tougher schedules than Iowa to finish the season. So 5th through 7th is looking like a 3 team battle.

Latest posts