Croos-site scripting????

aeischeid

Does anyone know why I keep seeing a message from my computer saying that: "Internet Explorer has modified this page to help prevent cross-site scripting"???

It doesn't happen all the time. Only on certain threads I think. Can't say for sure which threads it always happens on, though it has come up while I try to type this very message.

Thoughts??????

*Cross*

Does anyone know why I keep seeing a message from my computer saying that: "Internet Explorer has modified this page to help prevent cross-site scripting"???

It doesn't happen all the time. Only on certain threads I think. Can't say for sure which threads it always happens on, though it has come up while I try to type this very message.

Thoughts??????

*Cross*

I had this happen yesterday or he day before too. I know I was using a pc at the time.

Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are THE answers.
C'mon, AE, I thought you were a techie.

I use Chrome to view this site, or sometimes firefox. Yes, I have Macs but even when I had an office at the radio station that was PC, I always used these browsers. To use IE when you don't have to use IE, well, that's Darwinian.

Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are THE answers.
C'mon, AE, I thought you were a techie.

Oh, AE is it?
I know you?
We're on an "initial-knowing/friendly-speaking basis" now????
Techie???? That supposed to be a nerd reference brah?
Eh?
Huh?
:D

I have never ever had problems with Internet Explorer 7, or whatever number it's up to now.

On another note. This site, and this site only, has drawn warnings from my Antivirus software before saying it blocked an attack from some kind of "malicious website toolkit 8" or the like. Maybe the antivirus software sees something on this site as a threat, when there actually isn't a threat???

I use Chrome to view this site, or sometimes firefox. Yes, I have Macs but even when I had an office at the radio station that was PC, I always used these browsers. To use IE when you don't have to use IE, well, that's Darwinian.

To fix things that aren't broke, well, that's the kind of change that get's people a great many punches to the face.
I just haven't had any problems with IE.
Firefox however, or at least the first few versions, always gave me problems.

On another note. This site, and this site only, has drawn warnings from my Antivirus software before saying it blocked an attack from some kind of "malicious website toolkit 8" or the like. Maybe the antivirus software sees something on this site as a threat, when there actually isn't a threat???

99% of the time that setting goes off to due cookie placements from advertisers, which is referred to in the industry as 'false positives'. We scan the site each day to make sure our files are virus free.

Also, most virus programs are written to take advantage of IE vulnerabilities, due to the pervasiveness of that browser and that PC's come out of the box with IE already installed. Using Chrome or Firefox actually helps protect you better.

99% of the time that setting goes off to due cookie placements from advertisers, which is referred to in the industry as 'false positives'. We scan the site each day to make sure our files are virus free.

Also, most virus programs are written to take advantage of IE vulnerabilities, due to the pervasiveness of that browser and that PC's come out of the box with IE already installed. Using Chrome or Firefox actually helps protect you better.

I figured it was a false alarm.
I might look into switching browsers. If nothing else to keep from getting made fun of.

I figured it was a false alarm.
I might look into switching browsers. If nothing else to keep from getting made fun of.

Well if they think it's IE than I must have been on my work PC. Otherwise I use firefox but still have trouble with that just freezing and the only way out of that is to reboot.

I won't make fun of you aeischeid...not until you or someone tells me how to pronounce your userid. You know how when you're reading and along comes some big word that you've never seen before so you just kind of mush it in your brain cause you're too lazy to pronounce it right then and then you keep seeing it the rest of the book and finally you make an effort? I'm not there yet.;)

Well if they think it's IE than I must have been on my work PC. Otherwise I use firefox but still have trouble with that just freezing and the only way out of that is to reboot.

I won't make fun of you aeischeid...not until you or someone tells me how to pronounce your userid. You know how when you're reading and along comes some big word that you've never seen before so you just kind of mush it in your brain cause you're too lazy to pronounce it right then and then you keep seeing it the rest of the book and finally you make an effort? I'm not there yet.;)

Haha.

The right way/my way: "eye-shyed"

I am not saying 100% it was a false alarm. Just the vast majority of the time that is the case, like high 90's percent of the time.

However, even Google's ad program has seen some minor viruses slip past their goalie from time to time, on the macro

Latest posts