Court ruling brings JBo's agenda one step closer.

I

Ian Pike Hammer

Put a % next to each of these possible reasons why JBo chose to return for a sixth year:

1. Take advantage of the [inevitable] NIL laws in the very near future
2. Set the B1G record for made 3's
3. Future in the pro's doubtful
4. Future regret for not trying

Put a % next to each of these possible reasons why JBo chose to return for a sixth year:

1. Take advantage of the [inevitable] NIL laws in the very near future
2. Set the B1G record for made 3's
3. Future in the pro's doubtful
4. Future regret for not trying
He had a hat on today being interviewed....I wonder if the injury that happened from his knockout was under said hat?

1624343028475.png

I think we can all agree that the current system no longer works, and this is the nail in the coffin for the old model.

But, to the point of a 9-0 ruling, they are a bit rare. But, perhaps just as rare is a congressional fix. That is what is needed. All stake holders (schools, ADs, player reps past and present, etc. need to sit down with a bi-partisan group of law makers to craft legislation to govern, regulate and give guidance as to how this ever expanding pie is sliced. There are a ton of things to consider and this is the way it should be done. This should not be a partisan issue, as everyone should want strong, clean, and fair college athletics. At our core, this country is a sports loving nation.

I say this needs to be done, but it probably won't. But, if folks think that schools like Iowa are going to win if this think turns into the wild wild west, you are sorely mistaken. We need ground rules. Badly.

I think we can all agree that the current system no longer works, and this is the nail in the coffin for the old model.

But, to the point of a 9-0 ruling, they are a bit rare. But, perhaps just as rare is a congressional fix. That is what is needed. All stake holders (schools, ADs, player reps past and present, etc. need to sit down with a bi-partisan group of law makers to craft legislation to govern, regulate and give guidance as to how this ever expanding pie is sliced. There are a ton of things to consider and this is the way it should be done. This should not be a partisan issue, as everyone should want strong, clean, and fair college athletics. At our core, this country is a sports loving nation.

I say this needs to be done, but it probably won't. But, if folks think that schools like Iowa are going to win if this think turns into the wild wild west, you are sorely mistaken. We need ground rules. Badly.
You can have all the ground rules you want, no one's going to follow them. They don't follow the strict rules, what makes you feel like they would follow loosened rules?

I for one think this is hilarious. The NCAA is at fault here, not student athletes. They did this 100% to themselves. Threatening to wipe out eligibility and peoples' careers if they so much as sign an autograph for ten bucks (and actually following through), while they make billions and pay seven figure salaries.

No amount of concessions was gonna do the trick other than dropping the hammer like this, and it's just desserts.