Could we have made another run at Tyger Campbell?

NikeHawk21

Just thinking about the timeline here, looks like he decomitted from DePaul on September 2. For those of you who don’t recall the name he’s a 4 Star PG prospect, he grew up in Des Moines, but played his HS ball out of state. I think he reclassified as a 2018 recruit and committed to DePaul as they hired one of his High School coaches.

He’s deciding this week between Purdue, Maryland, DePaul, and UCLA.

Christian Williams announced his transfer in October, at which point Iowa would have had a scholarship to use. Fran instantly gave it to Frederick, who was already committed to come as a walk on (and likely could have taken Ellingson scholarship).

Does anyone have any more information here? What happened with Tyger the first time around? Just an interesting thought considering most of us feel we need serious backcourt help next year.

Sometimes recruits decide to go elsewhere. It doesn't mean something went wrong.
I agree.

That wasn’t really the question though. My question was did we get, or try to get back involved when he decomitted from DePaul? There was a relationship here at one point. Maybe Fran reached back out and there was no interest, maybe he didn’t. We may never know, but an interesting thought nonetheless given the backcourt issues.

Latest posts