Could the new NFL CBA help College Football's status quo?

thejumper5

Late Night Random Thought:

Leaked reports have indicated that the NFL is trying to expand to a full Thursday night schedule. For the past decade or so, some of the top "second tier" college games have been on Thursday nights: Oregon-Boise State, Colorado-Texas A&M, and Miami-West Virginia type games. These have been some popular games, but I believe that fans will tune out if there is an NFL game to watch. These games will either lose a lot of viewers, move to other nights, or move back to Saturdays and be lost in the scramble or the first tier games. I think the NFL's proposal could really hurt the Big East, ACC, Big 12, and non-BCS conferences (the groups that typically have big games on Thursdays) and could ultimately help the Pac-12, Big 10, and SEC.

What do you think?

I think you're right, although I would probably still watch those CFB games unless an NFL team I like is on (Bears, or Hawk-centric team like Colts, Jets).

I think you're right, although I would probably still watch those CFB games unless an NFL team I like is on (Bears, or Hawk-centric team like Colts, Jets).

Agreed. I would honestly rather watch college football. With that said, if they can't get things agreed on in the NFL, I may only watch College ball simply because I'm tired of the greed and whats going on in the NFL.

I would rather watch CFB too, but I think this board is going to lean more that way. I think it would be bad for those teams that play on Thursday nights. I am glad the Big Ten wants no part of that.

Latest posts