Could not be happier for Chizik

NeilDiamond

I deplore ISU with the best of them, but this guy is the definition of d-bag. That said, I am just thrilled at the situation he finds himself in down in that cesspool called the SEC. That is one dirty game of pool going on down there.

I deplore ISU with the best of them, but this guy is the definition of d-bag. That said, I am just thrilled at the situation he finds himself in down in that cesspool called the SEC. That is one dirty game of pool going on down there.

I'm not going to go so far as to say that Auburn is guilty...yet. But, God I hope they are. Chizik will have a special little corner in hell reserved for himself if they did pay for Newton.

I will always cheer for whoever plays a Chizik coached team. I can make fun of my brother but no one else can. Chizik not only screwed over ISU but made the state of Iowa look bad. If they are guilty of anything i hope the throw the book at them.

He may be a d-bag, but I can't fault him for taking the job.

He'd been there before, so he knew what he was heading into in terms of a SEC school's perception of the rules, err . . . guidelines.

The school probably exercised the don't ask, don't tell policy, and next thing they know, Cam Newton is at Auburn.

I will always cheer for whoever plays a Chizik coached team. I can make fun of my brother but no one else can. Chizik not only screwed over ISU but made the state of Iowa look bad. If they are guilty of anything i hope the throw the book at them.
Aww, shucks!
He may be a d-bag, but I can't fault him for taking the job.

He'd been there before, so he knew what he was heading into in terms of a SEC school's perception of the rules, err . . . guidelines.

The school probably exercised the don't ask, don't tell policy, and next thing they know, Cam Newton is at Auburn.
It's not that he took the job. It's how he did it. "Firmly entrenched", talks to team for 2 mins, runs off in the middle of the night.

Can some please refresh my memory on the Chizik hate. I've never liked the guy and still don't but what are the specifics. I know he had all the fanfare coming into the job at ISU (they minted coins with his likeness) and then crapped his pants. Then he scooted out of town after tellign everyone he wasn't leaving. But there's more to his d baggery than that right? Please fill me in with the specifics, my bro in law is a huge Auburn fan and thinks Chizik is great

I detest Chizik but his departure was the best thing that could have happened to ISU football. Alabama will take care of Auburn's chances of playing in the NC.

Can some please refresh my memory on the Chizik hate. I've never liked the guy and still don't but what are the specifics. I know he had all the fanfare coming into the job at ISU (they minted coins with his likeness) and then crapped his pants. Then he scooted out of town after tellign everyone he wasn't leaving. But there's more to his d baggery than that right? Please fill me in with the specifics, my bro in law is a huge Auburn fan and thinks Chizik is great
He acted like a very religious guy (was tied to some Christian programs) then turned his back on the university.

I think that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and I think I remember Deace talking about it before.

See Steve Alford at Iowa. Very similar situation, just for a shorter term. Claims religion and being a stand-up guy but is clearly not and would throw their mom under the bus if it meant they could boost their over-inflated ego.
Iowa and ISU both have solid people running the show and the state is better off because of it.

"Got money on my mind, can't ever get enough"

As appropriate a line for Auburn's theme music as I can think of. Bravo.

Latest posts