Cooper DeJean Declares for NFL Draft

Really pretty much a no-brainer for him. He probably could have done quite well with NIL, etc., but why take a chance at injury when you are widely considered a first-round pick? Makes complete sense, and I wish him nothing but the best. One of the most exciting players we've had over the past 50 years. It will be a joy to watch his career unfold at the next level.

Kiper has his at No. 13 and Brugler has him at No. 17 on their draft big boards

According to Spotrac, the No. 13 pick in this year's draft is projected to sign a deal worth $17.5M with a $9.7M signing bonus. Those numbers drop to $15.2M and $8.0M for the 17th selection.

Many people have made the Hockenson comp. Where the player is torn on whether to stay or go and everyone else(including the coaching staff) are telling him he needs to go.

His versatility and his special teams play are what makes him special. Projected as a safety in the NFL, but it is his ability to play corner and safety are what makes him a first rounder.

Kiper has his at No. 13 and Brugler has him at No. 17 on their draft big boards

According to Spotrac, the No. 13 pick in this year's draft is projected to sign a deal worth $17.5M with a $9.7M signing bonus. Those numbers drop to $15.2M and $8.0M for the 17th selection.

Ever since the injury, his draft spot has been all over the map. I have seen No. 13 all the way to the early 2nd round. Before the injury, it was a consensus 19-24 range, now I don’t know. You have any idea when he is able to start working out? Because that is going to be important.

YARN | And everywhere, people rejoiced. | South Park (1997) - S19E09 Comedy  | Video gifs by quotes | a76ea0cd | 紗

Ever since the injury, his draft spot has been all over the map. I have seen No. 13 all the way to the early 2nd round. Before the injury, it was a consensus 19-24 range, now I don’t know. You have any idea when he is able to start working out? Because that is going to be important.

He's been out of the boot for a bit and was riding go-carts in Orlando.

I've heard he'll be ready for the combine. If he's not 100 percent and had some time to get back into shape, I'd wait until Iowa's pro day. Almost all the teams attend that.

Selfishly really wanted him to stick around, but leaving was a no brainer. Now just got to get him in a quality organization and not a dumpster fire NFL team.
Amen.. Problem is the higher up the draft board he goes the shittier the team most likely. Maybe Denver he on one side Moss on the other.........

I saw a mock draft where Coop is taken by the AZ Cardinals with the #17 pick. Last year that pick got around $16M guaranteed with a $7M signing bonus.

I'd been thinking another year at Iowa would do him good, but you can't pass up that kind of money. The gurus must be telling him that even with the injuries he's still a mid 1st round pick.

I saw a mock draft where Coop is taken by the AZ Cardinals with the #17 pick. Last year that pick got around $16M guaranteed with a $7M signing bonus.

I'd been thinking another year at Iowa would do him good, but you can't pass up that kind of money. The gurus must be telling him that even with the injuries he's still a mid 1st round pick.
Like I say every year, gotta be careful with the math.

If forty gurus are telling forty kids that they're top 15-20 picks then some are going to be tremendously disappointed. Forty kids can't go in the top twenty, or all of them in the first round for that matter.

Are you saying Coop is a risk of going that high?

He's a special talent.
He's special, but is he that much more special than about 15-25 other players ready to get drafted?

We'll see. I was leery of Keegan Murray slipping on draft night and he went fourth and now looks like a budding star. So it can happen.

Latest posts