Cook vs Wieskamp

Who is more pro ready? (Yes right now)

• Tyler Cook

• Joe Wieskamp

• wildcard Moss

Results are only viewable after voting.

StanziUSA

Wieskamp: can dribble, shoot, pass, and I could make an argument that he was our most consistently decent defender (not saying much)

Needs to get stronger and faster

Cook: opposite of JW: is strong, fast, and can jump.

Needs to get good at fundamentals, shooting outside of the paint, dribbling (especially not off the foot every other possession), passing (Too many careless TOs) and playing a full game of defense not just when he wants too. If he plays defense for a full game he’s great.

My edge goes to JW. He can do more basketball things than Cook. Cook can jump far and high in the air to dunk and unfortunately that’s about it. If he gets a jump shot and at least a right hand for dribbling Cook will be a second rounder. Excited to have JW back next year and see what he becomes.

Joe is the easy answer here.

Cook will find out soon that his athletic abilities were elite at Iowa but a dime a dozen in the NBA which has the best athletes on the face of the earth.

I’ll be very happy if Joe is in an Iowa uniform next year. He could make a lot of money in Europe right now

He isn't being evaluated by the pros for nothing. With the money he could make it would be foolish to pass it up. The guy is gifted and hopefully he will be in the NBA one day. I agree he could make a lot of money in Europe with the right connections. Hopefully, people will be comparing Wieskamp with Fredrick after next year.

Last edited:
"pro-ready" I don't know. Probably Cook since he's older and has more experience in the Big Ten I guess.

More DRAFT-ABLE by far is JW though. He's 19 years old, he can shoot, he has size. I think the potential of Wieskamp is light years ahead of the potential of Cook. You saw what Cook could do with 3 years of college....whereas JW is just getting started

"pro-ready" I don't know. Probably Cook since he's older and has more experience in the Big Ten I guess.

More DRAFT-ABLE by far is JW though. He's 19 years old, he can shoot, he has size. I think the potential of Wieskamp is light years ahead of the potential of Cook. You saw what Cook could do with 3 years of college....whereas JW is just getting started
^ THIS!

Its to bad that Cook didn't focus on rebounding and defense this last year. its hard to imagine he couldn't of averaged a double double. Anyway, the NBA would of been more interested in him if he was that type of player. It seems the coaching staff did him wrong. The coach that is leaving Iowa was in charge of the big men, and Fran was in charge of him.