Connor McCaffery A Coach on Court

That 3 pt play he made against Purdue in the title game shouldn't get forgotten. That was ridiculously huge. Not just in the moment but against who was guarding him and the degree of difficulty of it. How many guys could have made that play like that? I wouldn't want to have seen how that game played out had he not.

Conner has been a nice luxury regardless of how much he fills up the stat sheet. He's helped build the solid culture Iowa has. Iowa has been to the NCAA every season he's been here sans his first which he spent most of that season injured.

We were at the Minnesota game last year when Fran was out with ‘rona and Connor was hurt.

If you didn’t know any better watching him in warmups and during the game you’d have thought he was the first assistant coach. No offense to Speraw and Dillard.

Connor was running drills during warmups like the rest of the coaches, and during timeouts he was right in the mix of the huddle with a clipboard helping coach guys up. You would’ve thought it was Fran.

Connor has a great career in coaching basketball after graduation if that’s what he chooses to do. I would welcome him on staff any day of the week. Let him work as a grad assistant at Iowa for a couple years, get some mid major assistant experience, and maybe make his way back to Iowa City as a paid coach and see what happens.

We were at the Minnesota game last year when Fran was out with ‘rona and Connor was hurt.

If you didn’t know any better watching him in warmups and during the game you’d have thought he was the first assistant coach. No offense to Speraw and Dillard.

Connor was running drills during warmups like the rest of the coaches, and during timeouts he was right in the mix of the huddle with a clipboard helping coach guys up. You would’ve thought it was Fran.

Connor has a great career in coaching basketball after graduation if that’s what he chooses to do. I would welcome him on staff any day of the week. Let him work as a grad assistant at Iowa for a couple years, get some mid major assistant experience, and maybe make his way back to Iowa City as a paid coach and see what happens.
He's just a smart articulate all around dude. He can do damn near whatever he wants to. Unlike how things are going on the football side of things nepotism wise if CM wants to jump into coaching it'd be a no brainer.
He's got the respect of others outside CHA too. I'm sure you saw what Underwood said about him at media day. There isn't a D1 coach out there that wouldn't want him on their roster for all the reasons you listed and more.

Get out of here with that "mid major assistance experience" crap! That's not how Barta does things. Connor will be assistant head coach the day after graduation.

Oh, that's only in football? Okay, my bad...nvm.

Conner has been a nice luxury regardless of how much he fills up the stat sheet. He's helped build the solid culture Iowa has. Iowa has been to the NCAA every season he's been here sans his first which he spent most of that season injured.
I didn't question his value just his minutes. Last year he made a huge impact with his shot. He can play multiple positions and is tough. That being said hopefully he doesn't have to play as many minutes as last year with the development of our other guards. But make no mistake, he is an enormous luxury to have on the team.

Looks like we got a couple of options when Fran decides to hang it up working their way back to Iowa.

Latest posts