Connor article on sports illustrated

Not shabby for a kid that can't play at The B1G level. He has more steals then turnovers. LOL

https://www.si.com/.amp-iowa/college/iowa/basketball/basketball-notebook-020420
That's pretty darn unheard of... Especially for a ball handler that plays a lot like he does. It'll be interesting to see if that holds up. But even if not. He's had a great year.
Iowa as a team has done a pretty good job in not turning it over excessively this yr. That used to be quite the thorn in our side in past seasons. That's sure helping us do well too. CM is obviously a big part of that.

Connor has played well this year. Better than last year. His Asst:TO ratio is close to double from last year. His 3 Pt. % is 12 points higher, and he's rebounding better. He's improved, no doubt.

What a player Connor has become, and he still has 2 years left. I can't even think of who he reminds me of because I'm not sure Iowa has had a guy like that before. I almost don't notice he's in the game because he's just making everyone else better and doing all the little things.

His glaring issue is obviously his 3 point shot, but he's actually bumped it up to 33% lately shooting 3-5 shooting vs Illinois. If he can just make it at a rate where teams have to respect it, it will open the floor even more for the main guys.

Makes me wonder what Patrick can become since he's supposed to be the "better" McCaffery.

He and CJ hardly leave the court. They are kind of the glue. If we're just being truthful. Iowa really has 4 man rotation this season. Luka, CJ, Joe and Connor. The 5th spot rotates to the hottest hand - and the 4 other guys rotate in and out for breathers or they stay in if they are playing well. What a luxury to have so many versatile players. I am getting pretty pumped for tonight!

Thx for posting. Good stuff. Sidenote, does that Rutger's defender not look like someone from the Karate Kid, with the headband and black 'belt'??