Congratulations!

SteveDeace

Great win...and I'm guessing you're going to finish around 6th in the final poll on Friday, which is probably Iowa's highest finish since Evashevski. I'm also guessing that's about what you're going to be in the preseason polls this summer.

In fact, I think you'll see three Big Ten teams in the final top 10 together for the first time since 2003 I believe.

Thanks Steve.

The B10 dominated the BCS football matchups with Ohio State and Iowa shutting down the league champions from the PAC10 and ACC.

Penn St and the Badgers completed the sweep of defeating four top fifteen teams in bowl games.

B10 football is back!

Thanks Steve.

Will the national pundits (idiots) start to give the Big Ten its due now??

ACC now 2-10 in BCS games. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, just saying!!

Thanks Steve.

Will the national pundits (idiots) start to give the Big Ten its due now??

ACC now 2-10 in BCS games. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, just saying!!

Some will who have ties to the area (Corso, Herbstreit, Holtz, etc.) But most national college football pundits are based in the East or the South, and they have other reasons to dislike the Big Ten beyond the subpar play of the past few seasons.

The Redskins and Shanahan didn't do us any favors last evening, that's for sure.

Unfortunately Iowa football is well down ESPN's interest list, well behind Tim Tebow, Notre Dame football, the NFL or Kobe Bryant.

Iowa's win story was on the front of espn.com for all of 20 minutes last nite

I noticed the same thing. This morning, on ESPN News, there wasn't even a mention. And if there was, I missed it.

I'm guessing it has more to do with FOX covering the game than anything else. ESPN's contention with FOX is getting in the way of providing a service to it's patrons.

Wow - What a game! How do you spell whoopin'?

I-O-W-A H-A-W-K-E-Y-E F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L

I watched the game at home and before the game started i told the wife , " This game means more than just an Iowa win , this game is about making people STFU that have been bashing the B10 conference and all the little Jesse Palmers/Colin Cowturd ." I then told her ," watch after iowa wins there wont be but a single peep from the media and when they do talk about it will be downsized in some form and they will make excuses."

Enter the #1 excuse
Namely Jimmy Johnsons because he is in love with GT and the POWER RUNNING ATTACK!!!!!!!!
Ok roll tears here...
Iowa had 30 days to prepare for the Option!
insert Waaaahhhh----buuuuu----laaaaance---

After the game he didnt have much to say and neither did the other a$$ hat.
Eddie George was head and shoulders the better announcer.
I like the fact they kept pounding it in by saying , "Iowa has not won a bowl game in 50 years since 1958" or some crap like that giving the appearance we have not won an actual bowl game ....which is flippin bull ****. What they meant was a BCS bowl game.

The final comment from the Fox Booth was , " uhh iowa , uhh 11 wins for the first time (hint of sarcasm) since 2005..."

Which i thought was a STRETCH...i mean OMFG! a whole 5 years to win another 11 games ! it was the final jab at us , before the a$$ hats went back to work trying to figure out what to say the next day about Iowa winning...if anything at all...

Great win...and I'm guessing you're going to finish around 6th in the final poll on Friday, which is probably Iowa's highest finish since Evashevski. I'm also guessing that's about what you're going to be in the preseason polls this summer.

In fact, I think you'll see three Big Ten teams in the final top 10 together for the first time since 2003 I believe.

6th or 7th seems right, depending on how they treat TCU

preseason 5th for 2010 sounds about right to me

6th or 7th seems right, depending on how they treat TCU

preseason 5th for 2010 sounds about right to me

Agree. Sixth or seventh sounds about right. I hope Iowa can jump over TCU to finish 6th. I'm not convinced the voters will see it that way and Iowa may end up 7th.

I think the Hawks will start the 2010 season between 6th and 10th, inclusive.

FYI on the polls, Deace.

Unless I am mistaken, Iowa finished #4 the year Chuck Long was a senior and they lost to UCLA in the Rose Bowl.

Latest posts