Conference Re-Alignment

HawkeyeWeb

There has been a lot of talk about conference re-alignment lately. This has gotten me thinking. Do we really want the Big 10 to expand much more? In all seriousness, if the conference adds (for example) Notre Dame and Texas wouldn't that make Iowa more like Iowa State in the Big 12. We would still be the team with the smallest recruiting base and probably the team with one of the lowest budgets. Doesn't expansion push us further down the "food chain"?

I don't think Iowa is going to be dominated by ND. Texas will be a tough game every year. And Iowa State's record against everyone in the B12(except Baylor) is pretty bad. Iowa actually has a good record against most of the teams except tOSU(Mich?).

Last edited:
There has been a lot of talk about conference re-alignment lately. This has gotten me thinking. Do we really want the Big 10 to expand much more? In all seriousness, if the conference adds (for example) Notre Dame and Texas wouldn't that make Iowa more like Iowa State in the Big 12. We would still be the team with the smallest recruiting base and probably the team with one of the lowest budgets. Doesn't expansion push us further down the "food chain"?

Notre Dame is by far the most overrated program in football today. Texas is pretty much average this year, and not average for them, average compared to every one.

Latest posts