Computer rankings

I asked myself same question. Nebbie's best win is what, Indiana? RPI has them at like 108, but they are like mid 30s in the BET and KenPom? Do not get it. They are not a tournament team.

Does not matter. They are cooked. They may only win a couple more games. Best player gone for the year and they were thin anyway.

I got to kiss Mike Riley goodbye two years ago. I am going to the game in Lincoln and bet I am seeing Tim Miles last game in Red.

Net efficiency is your answer. Nebbie beat the crap out of the smaller schools on their schedule earlier in the year.

They do not have any glaring losses on their schedule. But, they just lost to Illinois. They are the 12th best team in a good conference. That is an NIT team at best. I think they will power fade down the stretch....

Headed down to Lincoln in a few weeks - I think @Fryowa was planning on doing that too - About a month ago, tickets to that game were $100 for nosebleeds. You'll watch that ticket price plummet faster than Nebraska's season over the next 3 weeks. I offered caution several times to posters gushing over Nebraska's lot in life this off season. They hadn't proven anything to get the love they were getting. They were an NIT last year and got bounced in that. Suddenly people were picking them top 3 in the league? No depth and a program in their position playing with top 25 expectations instead of flying under the radar and sneaking up on teams? Does anyone remember Terran Petteway's Jr. season? The same program had the same expectations with the same kind of makeup. They are not ready to play with those types of expectations and I could see that recipe for disaster coming months out.

Headed down to Lincoln in a few weeks - I think @Fryowa was planning on doing that too - About a month ago, tickets to that game were $100 for nosebleeds. You'll watch that ticket price plummet faster than Nebraska's season over the next 3 weeks. I offered caution several times to posters gushing over Nebraska's lot in life this off season. They hadn't proven anything to get the love they were getting. They were an NIT last year and got bounced in that. Suddenly people were picking them top 3 in the league? No depth and a program in their position playing with top 25 expectations instead of flying under the radar and sneaking up on teams? Does anyone remember Terran Petteway's Jr. season? The same program had the same expectations with the same kind of makeup. They are not ready to play with those types of expectations and I could see that recipe for disaster coming months out.
My kid and I will be there. 2 hrs and 15 minutes closer than IC for us.

Haven't been to a BB game there, just football; is it better to just show up and scalp?

My kid and I will be there. 2 hrs and 15 minutes closer than IC for us.

Haven't been to a BB game there, just football; is it better to just show up and scalp?

I'll let you know about 2 weeks out. Right now, tickets haven't moved a ton on most sites. Nebraska still has a sliver of hope that should hopefully be stomped on by Maryland tomorrow night. As the season inches towards the finish line and it's obvious that Miles is gonna be out and Nebraska is gonna be destined for the NIT, the ticket prices will open up. I have done both - I have bought week of off CL - and I've gone down there and scalped minutes before game time. I also know, that every game, they open up about 250 seats at the box office. So, if you get there early enough (and there likely won't be a line because of demand) - you can walk right up to the place and buy tickets that are GREAT seats. Seriously, best seats I've had at a game. Pinnacle Bank is a great arena - I'll help ya strategize as we draw closer.

Whether intentional or not nebraska has figured out how to game the system and the computers. They badly beat up on some cupcakes in the nonconference which seems to have skewn their efficiency rankings

Nebraska is 2-6 in Q1 games and 4-3 in Q2 games. Not that impressive.

The good news is they have 9 games left and 7 of them are Q1. So they're likely gonna lose a lot down the stretch.

At least their fans show up. Their basketball team still has yet to be very good...EVER.

The new building has helped - they also bring in new "hope" every 5 or 6 seasons with new characters at HC. But before Pinnacle Bank, NU's crowd was similar to what Iowa's is now. There for the really big games, not so much for the others. The Devany Center was a shit hole though. They had fing gravel parking lots, lol. IMO, Carver is one of the worst things about Iowa basketball. Didn't always think that but now that I have been to several newer venues for basketball, it's glaring how bad it is.

Latest posts