Complete meltdown!

ColumbusHawk

There would be a complete meltdown on this board if Iowa hired Lute Olson or Tom Davis today.

Lute was a virtual unknown when he was hired by Iowa. He had four years of junior college experience at Long Beach City College and one year at Long Beach State State. He was only five years removed from being a high school coach.

Likewise, Tom Davis had a losing record in his four seasons at Stanford. Hell, he was only 25-47 in the Pac-Ten prior coming to Iowa.

People need to relax!

Whatever, the resume of our new coach, please, give him a chance. His resume will be better than Lute's or Tom Davis'.

I agree - they are big names but i dont think they could relate to todays players. It would be chernobyl on here if either of them were hired

Totally. When UW hired Romar, he was their 4th choice, and the fans were not pleased (medicore performance at pepperdine and St Louis).

There would be a complete meltdown on this board if Iowa hired Lute Olson or Tom Davis today.

Lute was a virtual unknown when he was hired by Iowa. He had four years of junior college experience at Long Beach City College and one year at Long Beach State State. He was only five years removed from being a high school coach.

Likewise, Tom Davis had a losing record in his four seasons at Stanford. Hell, he was only 25-47 in the Pac-Ten prior coming to Iowa.

People need to relax!

Whatever, the resume of our new coach, please, give him a chance. His resume will be better than Lute's or Tom Davis'.

That's a very good point. A lot of people on here are so hung up on hiring a name coach they're not even willing to give a less well known coach a chance. Just because a coach doesn't bring a lot of excitement initially doesn't mean he won't be successful. Ferentz was pretty much an unknown when he was hired too.

completely agree. you hire a guy who has everything to prove, give him all the support you can, and hope he runs through walls for you. as long as he has some recruiting experience and an energetic, engaging personality, i could care less about his resume.