Collin Bevins

Hawkfromnorwalk

Collin Bevins - Yahoo! Sports

So class of 2012 ISU commit Collin Bevins decided to walk away from ISU today as he claims, he has lost the love of the game. He was an Iowa target in that class and one of the very few that Iowa lost to McDonald U. He's a defensive end who redshirted and we all know how hard up Iowa is right now for effective DEs. Perhaps someone at Iowa could reignite his hunger for football.

BTW on the plus side he was a kid ISU was expecting to be a starter over the next few seasons so if anything and he never plays again it at least hurts ISU's depth.

Collin Bevins - Yahoo! Sports

So class of 2012 ISU commit Collin Bevins decided to walk away from ISU today as he claims, he has lost the love of the game. He was an Iowa target in that class and one of the very few that Iowa lost to McDonald U. He's a defensive end who redshirted and we all know how hard up Iowa is right now for effective DEs. Perhaps someone at Iowa could reignite his hunger for football.

BTW on the plus side he was a kid ISU was expecting to be a starter over the next few seasons so if anything and he never plays again it at least hurts ISU's depth.

I take slight joy from your last paragraph. And by slight, I mean quite a bit.

Refresh my memory; Does he have to sit a year if he transfers, since he RS'd last year?

I'm not sure if there is a rule about texting players who left programs voluntarily but as long as it's legal if I were Kirk I would shoot him a text reading "just sayin' "

Just looked at the ISU official roster webpage. In the section labeled High School, the very first thing it says...

"Chose Iowa State over offer from Iowa"

lol

Hmm well he probably saw the writing on the wall. His career wasn't going anywhere and he was about to be associated with one of the worst defenses in the midwest, if not the country. Probably didn't think it was worth the time and effort.

I think it's kinda funny, but in all honesty if the kid is just walking away from football I hope he loses his scholarship. Does anyone know for sure how that works?

HFN you are like a brother to me... However, you're obsession with ISU is worrisome a lot of the time and gratifying the rest.

Hmm well he probably saw the writing on the wall. His career wasn't going anywhere and he was about to be associated with one of the worst defenses in the midwest, if not the country. Probably didn't think it was worth the time and effort.

I think it's kinda funny, but in all honesty if the kid is just walking away from football I hope he loses his scholarship. Does anyone know for sure how that works?

This coming from a fan of one of the worst teams in the midwest last season. You'll have to excuse my laughter.

This coming from a fan of one of the worst teams in the midwest last season. You'll have to excuse my laughter.

Coming from a fan of one of the worst teams in Big 12 history I can deal with that.

Tell me what did I say that wasn't true? Give me one solid non-biased reason why Iowa State's defense is going to be anything other than awful this year.

Would you say that about a Hawkeye that played on that awful offense last year? See its really easy for you to talk crap about other schools but somehow none of this makes sense to you if its Iowa.

This coming from a fan of one of the worst all time programs in college football. You'll have to excuse my laughter.

Yet, my team continues to beat your team. Interesting, isn't it?

Is there a reason you didn't answer my request? One reason Iowa State's defense isn't going to be worse than last year... still waiting.

The good news about Iowa's offense is it can't possibly be any worse than last year. It doesn't get worse than that. Certainly not with a healthy offensive line and running back stable. I'm pretty sure Iowa State's defense is going to be even worse than a year ago.

More than a century since your last conference title. No Big 12 titles ever. Your team hasn't won more than three bowls games ever. Your team hasn't won 7 games twice in a decade in forever. You barely beat the worst Iowa team in a decade with the best ISU team in a decade....Ummm excuse me but where does your Ronald McDonald cockiness come from?

Last edited:

Latest posts