Coach Wooden

Rick1988

Sorry if this is already out there, but I've been without internet a few days. Just read that Coach Wooden is in UCLA medical center and considered in "grave" condition. What an absolutely wonderful human being and the best coach ever. Lets just hope he pulls through.

Greatest coach basketball has ever seen and an even better person...Hope for nothing but the best for Mr. Wooden.

The father of cheating to win in college basketball. May he rest in peace.

We're going to get ripped by some on this board but +1.

It took Wooden 15 years to win a national championship at UCLA. They started winning championships after a guy named Sam Gilbert started funneling cash and players to the program, including Bill Walton. If you don't know the back story, Sam Gilbert (allegedly) was a money launderer for drug money. He (allegedly) funneled millions of dollars and the most prominent players into the UCLA program. According to several published articles and books Wooden wasn't involved in the transactions but simply chose to look the other way.

With all of that said, the guy is an icon in college basketball and will be missed. He has more than made up for his flaws by how he lived his life after he left the program.

Last edited:
This just in. John Wooden, no more birthdays. Gary Coleman and John Wooden in the same week? Oh the horror.

Only guy to ever be enshrined into the Basketball Hall of Fame as both a player and then as a coach. Wooden was a great player,great coach,and great person. Somewhere Bill Walton and hundreds of other players are crying.

Only guy to ever be enshrined into the Basketball Hall of Fame as both a player and then as a coach. Wooden was a great player,great coach,and great person. Somewhere Bill Walton and hundreds of other players are crying.

I don't know if Bill is crying or not, but I'm guessing you've not read his book.

Latest posts