"Coach Lick, you just loss a school-record 20th game! ..."

DesMoinesHawki

"Coach Lick, you just lost a school-record 20th game! ..."

"Tell us Coach Lick ... you just lost your 20th game of the season; an Iowa RECORD. What are you going to do now?"

"I'm going to Disneyland!"

And you said it couldn't be done! Shame on you ... Kudos Coach Lick for becoming the first coach in the HISTORY of Iowa basketball to lose 20 games in ONE SEASON. And wait, it's not over yet!! You still have two more games to go! Keep it up and let's go for loss No. 22!

Shame on those schedule makers for making your team play back-to-back road games at the opponents' "senior night." When you made that comment on your post-game show I was right with you Coach! How dare they! I say next year you push to have all of your games at Carver next year. I say schedule the lowly Indiana Hoosiers for 22 games in Carver!

We are a young team, darn it. And darn it, those fans are not making the trip over because darn it, the Big 10 network scheduled late start times ... And gosh darn that economy is keeping them away, too ... Just like they are keeping those 70,000 fans away from Kinnick each Saturday! Darn it.

We can't win with Gatens, Fuller, Cole, Balwinkle, Brommer ... But next year, boy, watch out .. Because then that "Butler system" is really going to take off! Next year we are adding the "Lick Four." ... And those TRUE FRESHMEN are going to lead us to the promise land! Combine those TRUE FRESHMEN with our current players who are still trying to understand the "Butler system" and watch out! We are talking possible NIT bubble team ...

I mean common guys, the $1.2 million coach says this system works.

37-51 overall record at Iowa
14-34 Big 10 record
8th place finish
10th place finish
9th place finish (give or take or or two spots)
167-111 as a Div I coach

THE SYSTEM WORKS! To all of you naysayers, shame on you! Next year, when those four FRESHMEN take the court with that current roster of players who have "just about" figured out the "Butler system" ... you just wait! ...

Last edited:
37-51 overall record at Iowa
14-34 Big 10 record

Actually it's currently:
38-56 overall (40.4%)
15-38 in conference (28.3%)

We're losing nearly 3 out of every 4 conference games on average.

That also means that we are 23-18 in the non-conference, for a 56% percentage. Considering those games are made up of a lot of cupcakes, that isn't so hot.

If we do indeed lose these next two games, which seems fairly likely, Lick's overall winning percentage will be at 39.5% when the sun sets on this season.

I don't know what else to say.

I was not aware that Iowa was one of only three teams that had never had a 20 loss season until last night. Thanks Lick, you've managed to break yet another negative record. Is there even any other negative records to break now?

p.s. Make sure to email Gary Barta with your frustrations.

Actually it's currently:
38-56 overall (40.4%)
15-38 in conference (28.3%)

We're losing nearly 3 out of every 4 conference games on average.

That also means that we are 23-18 in the non-conference, for a 56% percentage. Considering those games are made up of a lot of cupcakes, that isn't so hot.

If we do indeed lose these next two games, which seems fairly likely, Lick's overall winning percentage will be at 39.5% when the sun sets on this season.

I don't know what else to say.

1977 Hawkeye ... I stand corrected ... Thanks for clarifying

c'mon people, like Lick said....it just isnt right Iowa has to play back to back games that happen to be those teams Senior days...unfair!

c'mon people, like Lick said....it just isnt right Iowa has to play back to back games that happen to be those teams Senior days...unfair!

Beat so-so teams at home ... Get blown away on the road ... Wisky almost doubled the score on the Hawks ... But, I guess this is the "progress" Lick is talking about ...

Another lick record set last nite....worst loss ever to Wisconsin, eclipsing a 1974 -26 point blowout. Yet another entry into the Iowa bb record book for Lick...this guy is going to make Dick Schlutz look like a piker in the losing dept by the time he is done at Iowa.

Latest posts