CMU going after Erik Campbell

I hope Soup gets his chance to be a head coach. I think he will make a fine head coach but with that said I would like him to STAY at Iowa! He is a great receiver coach and has done some pretty great things thus far at Iowa especially with McNutt. Wish him nothing but the best.......

Kirk doesn't have to sell Soup on anything...Kirk wouldn't attempt to hold him back if he wants to be a HC...I just find it odd that CMU is going after guys who aren't even coordinators currently...does it get any LESS "big time" than that?

D1 Coordinators are bringing in around 7 figures lately in some cases. CMU may be priced out of hiring a D1 coordinator as a head coach. The coaching carousel just gets crazier and crazier...

I guess this still fits, maybe even better since he is no longer a candidate...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J02RdkvI6zo"]YouTube- Seinfeld - The Soup Nazi (The best scene ever!)[/ame]

Im in the" Stay At Iowa Soup Line !!!!"

LMAO... I'd hope EC's in that "solid, gonna get there someday, but needs to build more of a body of work" kind of position. I'd imagine after another 5 years or so of this he'll be ready. You have to figure, a guy does a good job long enuogh that his mind doesn't have to work OT to do the job - then he has time to dream up things liek this and expand...

Curt Mallory? The Co-defensive coordinator of Illinois' "Wet Paper Bag" defense last season?

Why would CMU want to hire a guy who couldn't (co-)keep Fresno under 50 in his own barn?

Latest posts