Clock Management

iluvlamp

You get the feeling the team didn't understand it was the 4th quarter. STanzi appeared to take the summer coaching tips of protecting the football to a new extent. Those sacks on the last series came to him quickly but on 3rd and 4th down he tucdked the ball and went down as if he'd been told not to risk interceptions. On the last play of the game you can't ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever tuck the ball for a sack. if you get sacked it must be as you are blindside or throwing up a desperation heave. I can't believe he protected the ball.

With all of Kirk's many talents as a coach clock management and timeout management has never been a positive. In fact many times it has been poor. Clock management is one of those things that is only noticed when it goes bad.

down 20 when you know if you make a comeback t.o. will be precious and 1 gets used on the first play and then using one on your last series when if you save it you can punt on 4th and forever and get the ball back with a minute left.

there has been a history of this. a few times it has been bailed out with great plays but it doesn't excuse not understanding the clock

Last edited:
Let me add in the very last play I know it wouldn't matter but i don't know if arob realized when he went down out of bounds the game was over. why would you go down with the ball and not throw up a lateral. im at a losss. maybe arob didn't realize it was the 4th quarter either

Clock management under ferentz and KOK has always been terrible, plays take forever to get in and then we dont hurry when we need to or we hurry too much and get sacked 5 times in a row.

Latest posts