Clark snubbed

It does feel a little Trae Young-ish to me. To be fair, the supporting cast at Iowa is a lot better than what Young had at Oklahoma. I have no issue with Boston being POY...imo, Clark wasn't snubbed.

Sidenote: Clark is fun to watch play, she is awesome. I just do not like how some Iowa fans are spinning this, can we stop with the "if she were black" nonsense.

She leads the nation in assists per game.

I don't have a fight in the POY thing as I don't watch any women's college basketball outside of the Hawkeyes.

her turnover to assist ratio wasn't great. I am saying that without actually doing the homework, so I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Think about what the Hawks' production would be if she fed Czinano (leading the nation in FG%) even a little bit more.
You didn’t watch many games did you? Czinano wound up with a great FG% that Caitlyn contributed too. Caitlyn was constantly putting Czinano in terrific position to score easy buckets.

You didn’t watch many games did you? Czinano wound up with a great FG% that Caitlyn contributed too. Caitlyn was constantly putting Czinano in terrific position to score easy buckets.
And I said what I’d she got fed even more

her turnover to assist ratio wasn't great. I am saying that without actually doing the homework, so I could be wrong.
I’ll concede this one, I expect a few extra turnovers from someone that is asked to carry the load most of the time but there is room for improvement here.

And I said what I’d she got fed even more
You’re grasping for straws here, when Czinano was on the court Clark did an excellent job finding her when she was open. Czinano averaged over 21 points per game while averaging 28 minutes per game. She was scoring at about the same rate as Clark.

You’re grasping for straws here, when Czinano was on the court Clark did an excellent job finding her when she was open. Czinano averaged over 21 points per game while averaging 28 minutes per game. She was scoring at about the same rate as Clark.
Clark was 125th in D-1 in 3PT%?

Whether you think it's straws or not, she probably should've ditched the ball more.

Look I get what you're saying, but the reason Clark was in the spotlight was because of her cartoonish length threes and she shot the ball so much that she made up for missing more shots than the vast majority of players, even 3PT shooters. If you shoot even 20% but shoot 5 times as much as the next person of course you're going to lead the league. I couldn't care less about women's basketball, but folks out there saying she should've won POY over Boston are fuckin nutso.

Clark was 125th in D-1 in 3PT%?

Whether you think it's straws or not, she probably should've ditched the ball more.

Look I get what you're saying, but the reason Clark was in the spotlight was because of her cartoonish length threes and she shot the ball so much that she made up for missing more shots than the vast majority of players, even 3PT shooters. If you shoot even 20% but shoot 5 times as much as the next person of course you're going to lead the league. I couldn't care less about women's basketball, but folks out there saying she should've won POY over Boston are fuckin nutso.

I've got nothing on the POY award, again I don't watch enough women's basketball to say that Clark is better than XYZ player. But she is an elite player, IMO the best women's basketball player Iowa has had since Michelle Edwards. I think her 3 point % will improve as the team gets better and she improves her shot selection. A lot of those long range bombs we seen her make were when Iowa was well behind, take that Michigan game for example, I think Iowa was down about 20 when she started shooting from about half court.

Latest posts