Cincinatti, our 2019 opponent

I

Ian Pike Hammer

has made a coaching change. Out is Mick Cronin, in is John Brannen

The way the original post was worded I thought they had fired Cronin.

I am a little surprised at the hire but if Cincinnati can't hang on to a guy like Cronin then they probably don't have money to hire a decent name. Brannen has done ok at Northern Kentucky but they really haven't beaten anybody.

The way the original post was worded I thought they had fired Cronin.

I am a little surprised at the hire but if Cincinnati can't hang on to a guy like Cronin then they probably don't have money to hire a decent name. Brannen has done ok at Northern Kentucky but they really haven't beaten anybody.

I really don't see Cronin as a UCLA-type. Then again, who the hell saw Alford as a UCLA-type?

Cincy will be in rebuild mode next year and learning under a new coach. We can probably chalk this up as “W” in that tourney if we get to face them.

Cincy will be in rebuild mode next year and learning under a new coach. We can probably chalk this up as “W” in that tourney if we get to face them.
If you're talking about that four team Vegas tourney, that's not where we play them. We play them in a set matchup in Chicago.

We could play Texas Tech in that Vegas tourney.

If you're talking about that four team Vegas tourney, that's not where we play them. We play them in a set matchup in Chicago.

We could play Texas Tech in that Vegas tourney.
You’re correct. My bad. I knew I saw it somewhere. Would love to beat Texas Tech too! That would be a great resume win early in the season.

what do they have returning?
Let ya know after the deadline for players having to declare for the draft. They lose 4 SR’s, Francis, Owens, Mooney, and Odiase to graduation. But they one of those schools that like bringing in grad transfers. Vegas has them 30/1 odds of winning Championship, while they have Iowa at 80/1 odds.

Last edited:

Latest posts