Christmas

Merry Christmas to you NCHawker and all of the Hawkeye Nation posters! The neighborhood goes all out with white lights. On the gutters are the icicle lights and on the bushes the net lights. The neighbor hood looks pretty cool for all being white lights.

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope y’all get everything you ever wanted! Thanks for taking an exiled 24/7 sports guy.

As far as decorations outside... we live next to the Grizzwolds. No joke. They have a sign outside letting people know to tune to 88.1 to listen to the music that is synchronized to the lights.

Last edited:
Just sat down for my yearly viewing of Christmas Vacation, while someone in town had put up a Cousin Eddie mannequin in their front yard.

We usually grab some brews, drive around town and look at the lights. Peaceful and a great time to reflect on the year, family, friendships, work, and of course our beloved Hawkeyes. 2018 is fast approaching, so let's be kind, thoughtful, and most of all cheer f*cking loud on Wednesday. Merry Xmas my brothers and sisters and have a healthy New Year

Merry Xmas and happy holidays. There are a lot more problems to worry about and try to fix that are more important than sports but sports do give us a diversion and some pleasure so that is a good thing. And there are a lot of things to be thankful for.

How many of you remember that sad moment when you found out Santa wasn't real? I was in the second grade sitting at a table full of kids (I still believed.) This kid sitting directly across from me began talking about Santa and what he wanted him to bring him for x-mas. Immediately a couple of kids at the table began making fun of him and taunting him because he believed in Santa. I was in total shock, but fear for being picked on by those kids kept my mouth shut. I was devastated! And that was my moment that I will never forget.

I'm a big marshmallow who luvs Christmas movies:
A Christmas Story
It's a Wonderful Life
The Polar Express
Miracle on 34th Street
A Christmas Carol (a fine story about my great great great great gandpa)
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Elf
Bad Santa
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Home Alone
The Santa Clause
Love Actually
The Holiday
and of course the all time greatest Christmas Movie . . .
DIE HARD

How many of you remember that sad moment when you found out Santa wasn't real? I was in the second grade sitting at a table full of kids (I still believed.) This kid sitting directly across from me began talking about Santa and what he wanted him to bring him for x-mas. Immediately a couple of kids at the table began making fun of him and taunting him because he believed in Santa. I was in total shock, but fear for being picked on by those kids kept my mouth shut. I was devastated! And that was my moment that I will never forget.
My mother made sure we knew Santa wasn't real. I guess I'm thankful for that. I can't relate to how you felt.

Latest posts