SPGroth

French has decided on his final 6 schools:
Iowa
Notre Dame
Oregon
Missouri
Nebrask
Texas A&M

A&M was at his City High game last Friday. Missouri was at practice on Monday. Heard stories of his trip to Oregon. (that trip sounded AMAZING!!!)

sounds good....if we get him great.....hes a three year project in college before he plays. If we dont get him, I wont lose sleep really

ND and A&M are recruiting him to play an outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense. Oregon has told him that they will play him wherever he wants to play.

sounds good....if we get him great.....hes a three year project in college before he plays. If we dont get him, I wont lose sleep really

maybe, maybe not. some awfully good schools recruiting this 'project'.

Speaking of 3 year projects - when Did Tavian Banks start playing? He didn't turn out too bad (not saying that TB was ever a project, but I hope you follow my drift).

maybe, maybe not. some awfully good schools recruiting this 'project'.

Speaking of 3 year projects - when Did Tavian Banks start playing? He didn't turn out too bad (not saying that TB was ever a project, but I hope you follow my drift).

Banks was able to contribute quite a bit in those 3 years, even though Shaw kept him at #2. And you'll notice that only Nebraska and Iowa run more traditional offenses (and Nebraska seems to be shying away from that a little). The others are pure speed teams, rosters full of track stars. His size and 40 time have everyone drooling, but Iowa's philosophy is based much more heavily in execution than pure athleticism. He would be able to contribute earlier at a school like Oregon or Mizzou.

He is an amazing athlete. His dad wants him to go to ND. We will survivre either way. He's not a make or break guy for us.

Christian was presented with his Army All American jersey last night be a group for the US Army. It was a nice presentation. The speaker was a 20+ veteran of the Army that graduated from CR Jefferson.

Christian had a decent game and was in on a HARD hit of the Jefferson punter on a botch snap. The hit caused a fumble that was recovered by Kennedy.

So what's the read deal with this kid? He has an impressive lst of suitors but I constantly hear that he doesn't look all that impressive in game action. Is he a classic underperformer waiting to happen? Or does he have the talent (and heart) to be a breakout player in college.

Inquiring minds want to know. (btw, he has a "name" for Notre Dame)

I guess fans are trying to prepare for losing him to ND or elsewhere. I hope like heck that we get him. I got nothing against guys who can run. Oregon seems to be ok this year with fast guys. ND is desperate to get some guys who can run on their d-line. But Iowa is too fundamental to want fast guys? Right. Of course like any single recruit,it will not break Iowa to miss on him, but if an Iowa kid is wanted by the top programs,and is an Army AllStar...call me crazy,but I want him at Iowa.

He is an amazing athlete. His dad wants him to go to ND. We will survivre either way. He's not a make or break guy for us.
There is no such thing at Iowa as a single recruit who makes or breaks the team.

So what's the read deal with this kid? He has an impressive lst of suitors but I constantly hear that he doesn't look all that impressive in game action. Is he a classic underperformer waiting to happen? Or does he have the talent (and heart) to be a breakout player in college.

Inquiring minds want to know. (btw, he has a "name" for Notre Dame)
The big issue is that he seems to be a workout warrior. The general thought is that there are not a lot of D1 athletes playing FB in Iowa, and if he disappears there, what will he look like surrounded by them? Look at another D1 prospect for next year, Austin Ebertowski. He is single handedly mopping up 4A around Des Moines, and on a perrenial bottom feeder as well. They both have a lot of suitors, but who would you want?

I've seen him play alot. Last week he didn't start or even play any offense. Previously, when he did play offense he was underwhelming. If they threw it too him quick, so he didn't have to run and catch, just turn, catch, run, he would catch it and pick up 7 yards. I never saw him catch a pass when actually running a rout. And he looked lost when they didn't throw him the ball. All that said people watch the ball at a football game, so everyone who has seen Kennedy saw that.

On defense he's worth a scholarship. Tamper your preconceived thoughts about a 4* and think of him as a really big, really fast project. He makes tons of tackles. No one runs at him, so all of his tackles are chasing people down from behind. Alot of people write that he won't hit you, that is not true, he will bring a pop.

Honestly the hype he has gotten is strange. It has so far exceeded his resume (and maybe even his potential) that it is not even fair to Christian. He's not a 4* Army All-American recruit, but he is going to be stuck trying to live up to it. He needs to land at Iowa, and we need to watch his career like we watch all the other Iowa-kid-walk-on 'project' calibur talent.

I've seen him play alot. Last week he didn't start or even play any offense. Previously, when he did play offense he was underwhelming. If they threw it too him quick, so he didn't have to run and catch, just turn, catch, run, he would catch it and pick up 7 yards. I never saw him catch a pass when actually running a rout. And he looked lost when they didn't throw him the ball. All that said people watch the ball at a football game, so everyone who has seen Kennedy saw that.

On defense he's worth a scholarship. Tamper your preconceived thoughts about a 4* and think of him as a really big, really fast project. He makes tons of tackles. No one runs at him, so all of his tackles are chasing people down from behind. Alot of people write that he won't hit you, that is not true, he will bring a pop.

Honestly the hype he has gotten is strange. It has so far exceeded his resume (and maybe even his potential) that it is not even fair to Christian. He's not a 4* Army All-American recruit, but he is going to be stuck trying to live up to it. He needs to land at Iowa, and we need to watch his career like we watch all the other Iowa-kid-walk-on 'project' calibur talent.
This is OK IMO as this is what Iowa is known for. Developing kids that have a gift but are lost ,unrefined or unsure.
As with all recruits you never know how they will work out.

I've only seen him play twice, which by no means enough to say one way or the other how great or not I think he is. However, he was physical, fast, and the teams certainly were aware of where he was at all times.

On a side note, Linn-Mar's Garman made him look just silly a couple times in the open field.

Christian is taking his official visit to Notre Dame this weekend.

I have seen everyone one of his games the past 2 1/2 years. He is a tremendous athlete. Has good size and speed. Considering the school and coaches that are after him, I think that they are seeing a huge upswing in potential for French. I would love to see what Doyle and Ferentz could turn him into at Iowa.

Count me in on those who would like to see him at Iowa. He's a freakish athlete and a team can never have enough of those on a roster. Consider the fact he's also a Cedar Rapidian. I'm astonished by the number of posters who somehow believe they are better judges of raw talent than successful BCS program coaches like Ferentz, Kelly, etc. It isn't like he's getting a look from UNI (no disrespect meant there), Western Illinois, and an opportunity to walk-on at Iowa State. Consider the circumstantial evidence of WHO is recruiting him and think about it for a moment. Coaches who have built programs are all high on him. I'll take their opinion over any volunteer 7th grade coach who has "seen him play."

Latest posts